Challenge #78: fisherman

kmhkmh Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited December 1, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I would love any feedback...thank you for looking! -Kate

Comments

• kmhkmh Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    Oops, new here...sorry for the teeny tiny post. I'll try again.
  • LynDLynD Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    I love this shot. The contrast is great!
  • QuitaritaQuitarita Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    Very awesome! :) Love the reflection and that you caught this person in action. The only thing that strikes me is that it feels too centered or too evenly spaced. Part of me wants to see the trees and the sky to better differentiate the real person from the reflection, imo. But really love the shot.
    edited November 27, 2006
    Thanks so much for the feedback. I entered it!! I straigtened out the horizon and cropped a bit off the bottom so it's not quite so centered. -Kate
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    I really like the reflection on your subject. The silhouette works out really well. I didnt even know you had an entry this time! ;) If anything to improve it, I would increase the contrast just a tad to make the skies a little brighter, but thats just me. Good job Kate! Btw do you have a gallery or anything with samples of your photos?
    edited November 29, 2006
    Oh, I just noticed your reply. Thanks for the feedback! Here is a link to my gallery: www.katehuntingtonphotography.com

I need to figure out how to add that to my profile! Also, I'm brand new here and I need to polish the site up, customize it, and get rid of some of my pictures.

Thanks for asking!
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 30, 2006
    Hi Kate,
    I just wanted to suggest one thing - the challenges are super competitive these days, and as a judge, I take the time to save the photos and view them in as high-res as possible on my own computer (I use Adobe Bridge). Attached photos have to be super condensed and they lose a lot of quality.

I see that you have a smugmug site - you should be linking, not attaching! :D

Click here if you need some help doing that. thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited December 1, 2006
    Thanks for the suggestion! I actually had thought I was linking...I've got it figured out now though. -Kate
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 1, 2006
    kmh wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestion! I actually had thought I was linking...I've got it figured out now though. -Kate
    Cool thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]