Foam diffuser very effective on sony H5

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited November 27, 2006 in Holy Macro
great disovery !
i found small round piece of foam and used it ! wow
Added screw for scaling purpose
112944033-L.jpg
Sony H5 and it has lens hood this is what you get if you shoot with flash at wide end
112944519-L.jpg
Here is imrovement with foam well i will do more experiments with insects and other things !
112944305-L.jpg

There is color cast but i think it can be fixed in PS :thumb
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    great disovery !
    i found small round piece of foam and used it ! wow
    Added screw for scaling purpose
    Sony H5 and it has lens hood this is what you get if you shoot with flash at wide end
    Here is imrovement with foam well i will do more experiments with insects and other things !
    There is color cast but i think it can be fixed in PS thumb.gif

Hi Awais...... exactly how are you using the round piece of foam??? headscratch.gif
    I was thinking you had made the foam paper diffuser, but I see by your image your piece of foam is tubular.

How have you got that set up ?? ........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    Hi Skippy yes it is a tube kind of foam nothing added i have shot these photos like this. but i will do something proper soon :D
    113180658-O.jpg
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    Hi Skippy yes it is a tube kind of foam nothing added i have shot these photos like this. but i will do something proper soon :D

Ahhhhhhh I see how you used it now ....... I was trying to picture what you did with it knowing it was shaped like a tube....... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    heh heh... I taped a folded over envelope over the built in flash in the past before I got my 580ex
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    Very cool accessory for free clap.gif

My Gallery