Photoshop CS v8 question

CarnalSighCarnalSigh Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited November 26, 2006 in Finishing School
I have been reading posts here for a few weeks and experimenting with different techniques. Learning alot from you.

My question is about the tools. Back when I first installed Photoshop cs, I had clone stamp listed as one of the buttons. However, it now seems to have vanished. Not only can I not find the button, I can't even find a menu in cs that allows me to enable or choose which tools I want. The clone stamp has been replaced with pattern stamp tool. What can I do? Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
I use only Canon cameras and glass
www.portraitwhisperer.com

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 26, 2006
    you should be able to right click on each tool to give you a choice-

click on the pattern stamp and it should give you the choice of the pattern stamp and the clone stamp tool-

at least that's for cs2-

hope this helps-
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 26, 2006
    btw, welcome to the forum-
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    CarnalSigh wrote:
    However, it now seems to have vanished. Not only can I not find the button, .

Right click (not left) on the pattern tool & a drop window will open with the clone stamp available.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited November 26, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:
    you should be able to right click on each tool to give you a choice-

click on the pattern stamp and it should give you the choice of the pattern stamp and the clone stamp tool-

at least that's for cs2-

hope this helps-

You can also use keyboard shortcuts to select tools. S will select the stamp tool. Using the shift key will let you cycle through the different options on each tool button. In this case, hitting shift-s will toggle between clone stamp and pattern stamp.
  • nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    You can also use keyboard shortcuts to select tools. S will select the stamp tool. Using the shift key will let you cycle through the different options on each tool button. In this case, hitting shift-s will toggle between clone stamp and pattern stamp.

And for the lazy SOBs as myself, you can change the preference in photoshop so that you don't have to use the shift key to toggle the tools. Just hit the "s" to select the stamp tool for instance and then hit it again to cycle through rest of the tools under that category.

Nikos
  • CarnalSighCarnalSigh Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    Thank you for your help. The right click worked. It's odd....I coulda sworn I tried that before. Oh well, that'll lern me dern me. Thank you for your welcome. :)
    I use only Canon cameras and glass
    www.portraitwhisperer.com