Dancing soccer players

RandySmugMugRandySmugMug Registered Users Posts: 1,651 Major grins
edited November 28, 2006 in Sports

Comments

• chuckicechuckice Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    Randy...nice work...sharp and good freeze. My only critique is to give some thought to the background. Sometimes it just stinks from all angles but best to avoid distracting stuff whenever possibe...in this case that ginormous bus. Nice shooting!
    Charles
    http://www.SnortingBullPhoto.com
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/cherskowitz
    "There's no reason to hurry on this climb...as long as you keep the tempo at the right speed the riders will fall back."
  • RandySmugMugRandySmugMug Registered Users Posts: 1,651 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    chuckice wrote:
    Randy...nice work...sharp and good freeze. My only critique is to give some thought to the background. Sometimes it just stinks from all angles but best to avoid distracting stuff whenever possibe...in this case that ginormous bus. Nice shooting!

thx Chuck....there's really nothing you can do, even shooting at 2.8 doesn't help when the stuff is so well defined....i guess i could blur it in PP but i shot 600+ pics at this game alone, and 400+ in the 1st game...
    At this field there were players on 1 side, fans standing by the fence on the other sideline, 2 buses in 1 endzone and and empty field behind the other endzone (wow)
  • chuckicechuckice Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    thx Chuck....there's really nothing you can do, even shooting at 2.8 doesn't help when the stuff is so well defined....i guess i could blur it in PP but i shot 600+ pics at this game alone, and 400+ in the 1st game...
    At this field there were players on 1 side, fans standing by the fence on the other sideline, 2 buses in 1 endzone and and empty field behind the other endzone (wow)

Gotcha...I hate that...the only other option is to go higher to change your angle to be downwards rather than straight on., i.e. go up in the stands or find a raised hill. Either way super job on the shots...
    Charles
    http://www.SnortingBullPhoto.com
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/cherskowitz
    "There's no reason to hurry on this climb...as long as you keep the tempo at the right speed the riders will fall back."
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    chuckice wrote:
    Gotcha...I hate that...the only other option is to go higher to change your angle to be downwards rather than straight on., i.e. go up in the stands or find a raised hill. Either way super job on the shots...

Unfortunately, that's not always an option either... I'm often shooting at relatively large complexes or situations that have multiple fields lined up barely feet apart and w/ no bleachers or hillsne_nau.gif So, if you don't have the fans of the opposing team, you've got fans/players from the field next to you.

And Randy, isn't nice that opposing team members are so "affectionate" with each other.rolleyes1.gif I've seen many examples of this type of behavior as well and it makes you smile. (Nice shots)

cheers,

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
    edited November 27, 2006
    Frog Lady wrote:
    Unfortunately, that's not always an option either... I'm often shooting at relatively large complexes or situations that have multiple fields lined up barely feet apart and w/ no bleachers or hillsne_nau.gif So, if you don't have the fans of the opposing team, you've got fans/players from the field next to you.

And Randy, isn't nice that opposing team members are so "affectionate" with each other.rolleyes1.gif I've seen many examples of this type of behavior as well and it makes you smile. (Nice shots)

cheers,

C.

Thanks Colleen

these guys were after each other the whole game...1 red & 5 yellow cards was the most I have eves seen...
    the white team won 1-0 in dbl OT, ended the season 27-0 and ranked #9 in US

if you look closely you can see where he just cut his knee fromt he fall

113182583-L.jpg
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 27, 2006
    soccer-whatever the refs let you get away with-you push it to the limits (like I would last 5 seconds out there, even at goal)-

I think these pics are absolutely great!-

a soccer fan eagerly awaiting his grandson's first soccer game (1 and 1/2 years from now)-
    edited November 27, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:
    soccer-whatever the refs let you get away with-you push it to the limits (like I would last 5 seconds out there, even at goal)-

I think these pics are absolutely great!-

a soccer fan eagerly awaiting his grandson's first soccer game (1 and 1/2 years from now)-

thx !
  • klmclaughlinklmclaughlin Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    I love your soccer shots
    Randy, you're an inspiration! Love the shots, as usual. thumb.gif

As for background "clutter," I understand it's all part of the nature of the sport in this country. Soccer venues are not always ideal. You just can't change that. Busses, garbage cans, parents or players on the touchlines, etc cannot be changed. I actually prefer shots from low vantage points rather than from the stands. Although most of the soccer venues my kids play at don't even have stands. Usually you have a solid row of parents in folding chairs strung along one entire side of the field. But I guess you know that.

Anyway, you've captured some fine shots. Keep posting and I'll keep viewing.clap.gif
    Enjoying the process of learning.
    edited November 28, 2006
    Randy, you're an inspiration! Love the shots, as usual. thumb.gif

As for background "clutter," I understand it's all part of the nature of the sport in this country. Soccer venues are not always ideal. You just can't change that. Busses, garbage cans, parents or players on the touchlines, etc cannot be changed. I actually prefer shots from low vantage points rather than from the stands. Although most of the soccer venues my kids play at don't even have stands. Usually you have a solid row of parents in folding chairs strung along one entire side of the field. But I guess you know that.

Anyway, you've captured some fine shots. Keep posting and I'll keep viewing.clap.gif

thx !