Outdoor Shoot

anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
edited November 27, 2006 in People
I had a booking to take some pictures of a young girl and her boyfriend as well as her siblings. Here is some of what I got.

Any thoughts?

113110224-L.jpg

113109595-L.jpg

113113284-L.jpg

113113305-L.jpg

113115025-L.jpg

113114990-L.jpg

Thanks!

Aaron
"The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion

Comments

• urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    anwmn1 wrote:
    I had a booking to take some pictures of a young girl and her boyfriend as well as her siblings. Here is some of what I got.

Any thoughts?
    Aaron

The colors are fantastic, what lighting if any did you use? Nice job.

I really like #4, the color works much better in this pose than the BW, and the portrait orientation is nice, too.

#6 is very nice as well, I would have positioned them a little farther from the tree, however, it is too in focus and a bit distracting. But the leaves are wonderful, nice effect.

I also like the composition of #1, its difficult to get this shot to work. But, it's hard to "read" the face of the top girl.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    urbanaries wrote:
    The colors are fantastic, what lighting if any did you use? Nice job.

I really like #4, the color works much better in this pose than the BW, and the portrait orientation is nice, too.

#6 is very nice as well, I would have positioned them a little farther from the tree, however, it is too in focus and a bit distracting. But the leaves are wonderful, nice effect.

I also like the composition of #1, its difficult to get this shot to work. But, it's hard to "read" the face of the top girl.

Thank you for the feedback. I will remember the tree next time.

Lighting was a bit tough actually. They were a little late so we didn't get started until 9:30 am which in Phoenix means it is already very bright. I had to look for shade. The lighting was natural and from my flash with a homemade bounce card made out of foam core.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    Wow! Love the shots! Great color and contrast thumb.gif
  • NanditaNandita Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    Very, very nice.

I particularly like the one of the three girls and the ones with the two of them upright. Where the two of them are lying down, one of them looks like the neck is at an uncomfortable angle.

What a great job! I'm sure they'll be thrilled. thumb.gif