Town Crier

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited November 27, 2006 in People

Town-Crier_MG_9694.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=b57b86bf24bb58a559199327c02f2e8d
Not an everyday sight these days in Sydney - a Town Crier. Here announcing opening of Scottish week.

Comments

• binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    i'm not sure if i like the composition, but that's a wonderful capture, he his clearly announcing something. thumb.gif i wish there were more people around him, or perhaps a better background, but i still really like this picture.clap.gif

(i saw your argument, but i still wish you would post your larger photos here. everybody else is doing it. if volume is the problem, get a smugmug account!)
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    Thank you. This is the stage in the center of Sydney. Very little choice with the background and the people are opposite him and in quite some distance.

PS: Hosting/Posting: It is all about compromises and dollars unfortunately.
    binghott wrote:
    i'm not sure if i like the composition, but that's a wonderful capture, he his clearly announcing something. thumb.gif i wish there were more people around him, or perhaps a better background, but i still really like this picture.clap.gif

(i saw your argument, but i still wish you would post your larger photos here. everybody else is doing it. if volume is the problem, get a smugmug account!)
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 27, 2006
    I like the composition and the contrast of his "old world" garb against the modern glass and metal architecture.

I would crop or clone out the messy stuff on the left of the photo.

thumb.gif