Options

Allow others to upload to my smugmug account?

staceyeidstaceyeid Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited November 27, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Is it possible to allow others to upload to my smugmug account without allowing them full access to my private galleries? We had a party this weekend and I would love to allow those that took pictures to upload to my account. So far the only way I see to do this is to give them my password. They could use the email to smugmug upload feature, but most email programs have max file attachment restrictions. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited November 27, 2006
    Stacey,
    The email to Smugmug option looks like your best bet. Setting a Guest password, would give them viewing and editing rights (except deleting) to your photos in your private galleries.

FWIW, most email systems will allow 1mb worth of attachments. Many allow up to 10mbs worth.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    m. dobm. dob Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited November 27, 2006
    Greetings,

I was curious about this possibility as well.

Do I understand the email to smug mug option right? They will have to use your email login or create a smug mug account to upload? I guess I understand the reasoning behind it, but wonder if there is a way around it.
    headscratch.gif
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited November 27, 2006
    m. dob wrote:
    Greetings,

I was curious about this possibility as well.

Do I understand the email to smug mug option right? They will have to use your email login or create a smug mug account to upload? I guess I understand the reasoning behind it, but wonder if there is a way around it.
    headscratch.gif

People who wish to use email to Smugmug, to upload to your site, use yournickname@email.smugmug.com and a unique "email password" you create. The files get uploaded to a gallery named "email". You can store/display them there. Or you can move the uploaded photos to other galleries (such as family photo albums, etc...).

http://www.smugmug.com/help/camera-phones

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero