Options

50 years in the making

NanditaNandita Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited November 28, 2006 in People
Mother-daughter portrait 50 years ago and today. They are now 80 and 55 yrs. old respectively. Would love your comments.
IMG_4616-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 27, 2006
    a very neat idea and neat shot-
  • Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    I agree, very nice idea. My only suggestion would perhaps be to take the old picture out of the frame so there's no glare from glass.
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    NanditaNandita Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    Thanks. Actually, it isn't my idea. I saw it one of Nick Kelsh's books and got an opportunity to try it out.

I'd love more c&c.
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    JenW wrote:
    I agree, very nice idea. My only suggestion would perhaps be to take the old picture out of the frame so there's no glare from glass.
    Another idea - remove the glass from the frame and re-insert the photo back into the frame. With luck, the photo is old enough not to hold to much of a gloss finish, thus reducing the glare. If so, try using a CP filter to reduce the glare a bit (understanding that this will cost you 1 to 2 stops of light).
  • Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    Scan the photo and insert it in photoshop. :)
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited November 27, 2006
    That's just too easy, Owen. Kinda like cheating:D

But would probably work.... The image could even be made larger for better inspection and comparison with the present subjects themselves.

Nice idea for the shot.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    Shooting with a framed portrait is kind like shooting with glasses on some one....just tip the top forward a bit and EUREKA!!! no glare.......:D

However I am sure the mother and daughter will love what you have shot already...it is a great idea, even if it wasn't yours originally...but in reality is any of our ideas truly original......Hmmmmmmmmm
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website