Options

Exif for my Entry

ronbronb Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited November 30, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here is the exif for my entry (previously submitted) for challenge #78.

Date Taken:2006-11-18 18:35:49Date Digitized:2006-11-18 18:35:49Date Modified:2006-11-20 18:57:09Make:NIKON CORPORATIONModel: NIKON D200 Size: 3880x2608 Bytes: 1207258 Aperture: f/22.0 ISO: 400 Focal Length: 24mm (36mm 35mm) Exposure Time: 30s (30/1)Flash:Flash did not fire.Exposure Program:Aperture priorityExposure Bias:3728270.33333ExposureMode:0LightSource:3White Balance:manualContrast:1Saturation:2Sharpness:2SubjectDistanceRange:0SensingMethod:unknownColorSpace:unknown

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 27, 2006
    date is good enough, and that was already in there before the challenge closed. thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    mstrmickmstrmick Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    Great image! It should have been a finalist.
    Cal McKitrick
    Grass Valley, California

http://mstrmick.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2006
    mstrmick wrote:
    Great image! It should have been a finalist.
    I'm not about to get into finalist selection, as a matter of fact, let's put that aside. However, this particular photo brings up one specific point I would like to address:

Challenge entries as attached images...

This fantastic photo was indeed great, but take a closer look. There are so many artifacts, it looks terrible after the downsizing and butchering that has to be done to make it small enough to attach! I'd like to make it possible for no one to have to attach challenge entries... in my mind, it just ruins all the work that goes into a competitive photo. If I come up with anything, I'll make a seperate post.
    Erik

• Options
    mstrmickmstrmick Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    No criticism intended on the finalist selection. My comment was meant as a compliment to the photograph as I am partial to lighthouse images.
    You are 110% correct with regards to the attachment process.
    Cal McKitrick
    Grass Valley, California

http://mstrmick.smugmug.com
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2006
    Challenge entries as attached images...
    If I come up with anything, I'll make a seperate post.

You can put your entry in one of your galleries, and link to there. That is how I post all my images on Dgrin...
    I have a non-public gallery where I put all my stuff to post later... If you put the link in after clicking on the yellow mountain picture, it will show in the post but not as an attachment, it will link to the gallery.
    It is quicker for people to load, and you can give a better image quality...
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2006
    photocat wrote:
    You can put your entry in one of your galleries, and link to there. That is how I post all my images on Dgrin...
    I have a non-public gallery where I put all my stuff to post later... If you put the link in after clicking on the yellow mountain picture, it will show in the post but not as an attachment, it will link to the gallery.
    It is quicker for people to load, and you can give a better image quality...
    thanks photocat, why didn't I think of that :lol thumb.gif

Of course, this is the preferred way. And you're right, for most of us it almost goes without saying - which is why I didn't even mention it. You are forgetting, however, not everyone on dgrin has a SmugMug account.
    Erik