Options

>> challenge 28 winner <<

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited January 7, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
congrats to ginger, winner of challenge 28: portraits

13020633-L.jpg

with nearly 45% of the vote :clap :clap :clap

well done, ginger!

and, congrats to all entrants, and thank you to everyone who voted (76 voters, a record again)

Comments

• Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    Congrats Ginger
    andy wrote:
    congrats to ginger, winner of challenge 28: portraits

13020633-L.jpg

with nearly 45% of the vote clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

well done, ginger!

and, congrats to all entrants, and thank you to everyone who voted (76 voters, a record again)

What does your model think about all this -- I think it's all about the hair! Laughing.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    This is my dream and my chance! Last time I just won, this time.........
    Amazingly, Bill loves it. Probably more attention than he has gotten in his life. He is the quiet type. And he is a photographer, a school photographer, but what is cool for him is that he took a copy to work and is bragging on it!

And he got a haircut!

He kept saying that crazy voting was because of HIM! And he asked me frequently.

hehe, I am tickled pink, thoroughly excited. One, I took the picture. I had some wonderful help and suggestions in the post work, but still I "caught" Bill.

And I get to be a co judge.deal.gif I have wanted to be a co judge ever since they came up with the idea. I know I will live to regret it, I understand that it is a "serious job" fraught with anxiety......... Hehe, when my friend here was a co
    judge I didn't make the finals.

Now I don't want to make those kinds of decisions, so if I like you, please do a fantastic photo. And, if I don't like you, well, Andy might, so YOU ALL do the best photos ever. This may be my only chance at this!

Thank you, of course, for every one who voted, at all, and for me, well, thank you. (That was my "Winning" speech). I LOVE it! clap.gif

ginger:D

(Where is the modesty? HAHAHA........ I don't got none!)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    Congratulations Ginger, what a fantastic picture!! thumb.gifclap
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2004
    Thank you, Gubbs, Dee. I put a lot of work into that challenge! Except for some unexpected Post work, that was not the photo I put the work in on.

Isn't that the way of life! On the way to do the scary thing of asking an interesting looking stranger for some photos of him, I was checking my fill flash, I use Bill to check just about everything. The sky was behind him, he was tired, weary and slightly does not understand that I can spend hours doing this stuff.

It was a grab! However, if I had not asked that other guy for a photo, I would not have been in a position to grab.

I shoot so much, and so do others, I often think the photographs are in knowing which ones to work up...........now if someone would come edit all mine, rolleyes1.gif

Thanks you all.

g
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    Ginger, fanatastic shot! Congratulations! Regards to Bill!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    yvonneyvonne Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    Yup, definitely the best of the lot. Great portrait!
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:

I shoot so much, and so do others, I often think the photographs are in knowing which ones to work up...........now if someone would come edit all mine, rolleyes1.gif

Thanks you all.

g
    Ginger;
    This was truly an excellent photo and a clear winner.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif Congratulations Ginge!!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Wonderful shot.. I knew straight away it was a winner.. great job :D
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    Way to go, Ginger, richly deserved! clap.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    Ginger,

Great shot!! clap.gifclap.gif
    -judy
  • Options
    obelixobelix Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    Outstanding photograph Ginger
    Ginger

Congrats for a well deserved victory.clap.gif

anand
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2005
    Awsome shot Ginger! Congrats!
  • Options
    bikehikerbikehiker Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2005
    Congrats Ginger! clap.gif Well deserved.
  • Options
    BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2005
    Congradulations, great picture!
    Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2005
    Way to go ginger!
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2005
    A very well deserved win, Ginger!! I loved it the moment i saw it, and still do! thumb.gif
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2005
    Awesome Awesome Picture
    Ginger, All I can say is the first time I saw that picture I knew it was going to win. You did a truly awesome job with it. If I remember correctly you said that you took that shot while sitting on a curb messing with your flash settings and the resultant photograph was your husbands reaction to the whole situation. Isnt it funny how some of your best pictures end up not being what you set out to take but the chance random ones you take in between the setup shots. At least that happens with me alot. Once again I loved this photograph and keep up the great shooting.thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2005
    Ginger, All I can say is the first time I saw that picture I knew it was going to win. You did a truly awesome job with it. If I remember correctly you said that you took that shot while sitting on a curb messing with your flash settings and the resultant photograph was your husbands reaction to the whole situation. Isnt it funny how some of your best pictures end up not being what you set out to take but the chance random ones you take in between the setup shots. At least that happens with me alot. Once again I loved this photograph and keep up the great shooting.thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Thank you, Mike! It is great to hear from you. You do know, I assume, that our leader, Andy, needs an e-mail from you re the Challenge you won and the prize that goes with it.

I am sure you know that, but thought I would mention it.

I was thinking of finding the addy for your journal and checking to see if you had posted. Really glad to hear and know that you are OK..........uh, you are OK, I assume.

Stay safe and post when you can!!!!

ginger

Yes, this picture thing is "funny". The problem can be recognizing that you have something and working it up. I often say that being a good photographer is partly in the editing. (And that is free) I have no clue why I worked up that photo of Bill, and when I did, I have no idea why I showed it to you all.

I guess I just thought it was funny, but I had no idea of the impact.....
    And that is where this group, and others of my friends, but mostly this group, that is why you all are so good and necessary to me.......

Thank you all for helping me recognize that photo, I did work it up, so I must have thought something, but then after I brought it over to the thread......well, this group can be a big help. And you all were.