Options

Contract for clients

KvPhotoKvPhoto Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
edited June 19, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a generic photography contract to have clients sign off on things such as agreement of payment, copyright issues, use of images for photographer's publicity, etc.
Thanks!
Kristina

Comments

• Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    I can use direction in that field too... Please post!
    I am sure there are photographers on here who have good disclaimers... (or how do you call those things? Waivers? disclaimers?)headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2006
    I hope someone has some information so I am bumping.:D
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited November 28, 2006
  • Options
    El ReyEl Rey Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited November 30, 2006
    Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

http://www.dpcorner.com/all_about/releases.shtml
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2006
    A little more detail on what you need would help.

But, as you will no doubt already know, google is your friend. There are a lot of photographers who put versions of their standard contracts on-line and many of them will show up in google result sets if you select your search criteria appropriately.

For example, I was is the same boat recently when trying to put together a "wedding" contract - an agreement between me (the photographer) and the client (either the bride or the groom). Using search words "wedding" and "contract" I got dozens of hits. I printed off the first four or five and cherry picked the best parts to create my contract that seems to be working as a very good communication tool between me and my clients.

I hope this helps you out some. I know it is a little wordy, but I get that why - it's easy when you know how to type - the words just kinda spill out.
  • Options
    dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2006
    here's mine
    here's the one i use for events including weddings. i'm open to any suggestions.

A little more detail on what you need would help.

But, as you will no doubt already know, google is your friend. There are a lot of photographers who put versions of their standard contracts on-line and many of them will show up in google result sets if you select your search criteria appropriately.

For example, I was is the same boat recently when trying to put together a "wedding" contract - an agreement between me (the photographer) and the client (either the bride or the groom). Using search words "wedding" and "contract" I got dozens of hits. I printed off the first four or five and cherry picked the best parts to create my contract that seems to be working as a very good communication tool between me and my clients.

I hope this helps you out some. I know it is a little wordy, but I get that why - it's easy when you know how to type - the words just kinda spill out.
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2006
    Thanks alot guys!
    Scott- I know what you mean, I tend to think about how to say something after it has already come out! :)

Kristina
  • Options
    kristenkristen Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2007
    KvPhoto wrote:
    Can anyone point me in the right direction for a generic photography contract to have clients sign off on things such as agreement of payment, copyright issues, use of images for photographer's publicity, etc.
    Thanks!
    Kristina

Check out my web site and go to download paperwork!
    Kristen Mendes
    www.kristensphoto.com
  • Options
    BSleumanBSleuman Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2007
    Try this book and it's attached CD. I found it helpful as a starting place.

"Business and Legal Forms for Photographers." by Tad Crawford

I think I found it on Amazon.com

Buck Sleuman
    www.huntandrelease.com
  • Options
    chrisjleechrisjlee Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2007
    Ask an ASMP member. They usually have a ASMP member only section for generic contracts. That should get you up in running for now.
    ---
    Chris
    Detroit Wedding Photography Blog
    Canon 10D | 20D | 5D