FS: Sigma 80-400mm OS lens

Syntax010011Syntax010011 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited November 29, 2006 in Nikon Land
[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi all,

I have used this lens 2x and it has been made sure it is in perfect working condition through the Sigma factory. The item is in mint condition. It has all the documentation with it as well. I am going on a trip soon and I need money for a teleconverter instead with a different lens. I was curious what people would be willing to pay for it. I have the original case, cap and strap. If you have any questions please let me know. Thank you all and take care. If there is enough interest I will definitely add a picture if possible, or I will just post one on my website. Thank you

Lens: Sigma Zoom Telephoto 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6 EX DG APO OS (Optical Stabilizer) Autofocus Lens for Nikon AF

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=389507&is=REG&addedTroughType=search
[/FONT]

Comments

• GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    I have the Canon version of this lens and it's the best investment I made in a long time!
    For Birds and various Nature Subjects this is a excellent piece of glass!!thumb.gif
    I'm sure it's a super Sports lens as well....haven't been down that road yet.
    With the OS I have taken handheld shots down to 1/30th of a sec.

Lil heavy but sharp and very well built....the OS is a huge plus.

If I might take the liberty?
    A few sample images with my 10D done with this lens.

Female Yellow Throat taken at 50ft

96698318-M.jpg

Monarch Butterfly at 8ft slightly cropped

100614040-M-1.jpg

Yella flower at 6ft

94206097-L.jpg
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 28, 2006
    [FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I was curious what people would be willing to pay for it. [/FONT]
    Hey Syntax,
    Can I suggest adding a price? "Feelers" don't get much traffic on this forum. We have a lot less traffic than some of the really big places, and we put an emphasis on good peer to peer trading. Pick a price you can live with. If it's too high, you'll know pretty quickly.

thanks!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Syntax010011Syntax010011 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 28, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Hey Syntax,
    Can I suggest adding a price? "Feelers" don't get much traffic on this forum. We have a lot less traffic than some of the really big places, and we put an emphasis on good peer to peer trading. Pick a price you can live with. If it's too high, you'll know pretty quickly.

thanks!

I'm looking to get the most for my money. I kow as soon as you buy something its instantly sold a t alower price which is a shame as I havent really used it much. I was offered 700 including shipping. I'm looking anywhere between that and 900 seeing as how i never really used it. I am putting this out there, if its too much then maybe i should just put it on ebay and post a link maybe? Let me know what you guys think is best thanks.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 28, 2006
    I'm looking to get the most for my money. I kow as soon as you buy something its instantly sold a t alower price which is a shame as I havent really used it much. I was offered 700 including shipping. I'm looking anywhere between that and 900
    All true, but you just stuck your foot in your mouth on that one lol3.gif

I'll just reiterate, this forum is not about top dollar, its about passing on good deals on stuff that you don't need anymore to your peers. Do as you will, I'll update the thread title as necessary.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• TommyboyTommyboy Registered Users Posts: 590 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2006
    I'm looking to get the most for my money. I kow as soon as you buy something its instantly sold a t alower price which is a shame as I havent really used it much. I was offered 700 including shipping. I'm looking anywhere between that and 900 seeing as how i never really used it. I am putting this out there, if its too much then maybe i should just put it on ebay and post a link maybe? Let me know what you guys think is best thanks.

Here's an opinion, if you care for it. When I buy something used, if it is pristine, perfect condition, with box, warranty card, instructions, in other words, as new, the most I'll give for it is 80% of the lowest current available price. Anything less than that and the price drops precipitously.

Everyone wants the most they can get for something when they are selling it, but there is a well-defined set of parameters in buying and selling used anything.

B&H wants $1,000 for this lens, so $700 might be a bit low if the lens is as you describe; however, you have to wait for someone who is A) wanting this lens, and B) who has $800 cash available. Obviously, the lower the price, the faster you'll sell it. So it comes down to what's most important for you: time or money?

Just my 0.02. Good luck and I hope you find a new home for your lens soon.

p.s. $700 is nothing to sneeze at. Post it here for $750 and you'll soon find out if that is a good offer.
    "Press the shutter when you are sure of success." —Kim Jong-il

NEW Smugmug Site
  • luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    Tommyboy wrote:
    Here's an opinion, if you care for it. When I buy something used, if it is pristine, perfect condition, with box, warranty card, instructions, in other words, as new, the most I'll give for it is 80% of the lowest current available price. Anything less than that and the price drops precipitously.
    Unless it is leica, Nikon or Canon. Those can fetch 90% used very easily. :D