Options

Short Trip to Cancun, Mexico

cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
edited November 29, 2006 in Journeys
My wife, my sister in law, my brother in law and I got to spend a few days in Cancun, Mexico. Saturday and Sunday turned out to be the best days for picture taking.

Saturday was a day trip by boat from Cancun to Isla Mujeres.

On the boat heading to downtown Isla Mujeres
113508223-M.jpg

Fishing from the dock
113508511-M.jpg

Downtown Isla Mujeres is packed with colorful architecture
113508795-M.jpg

About the same time we started to head back to Cancun the light started to get really good. As we pulled away from the dock we were in the perfect spot to get some shots of the fishing fleet.
113500159-M.jpg

The great light stuck around long enough me to get some shots of two of the crew dancing to YMCA
113500236-M.jpg

Sunday I headed down to the beach for some sunrise shots. The weather never did cooperate for good shooting at sun-up. I think it was cloudy every morning.
113509048-M.jpg

The rest of Sunday was spent on a trip to Chichen Itza
113509273-M.jpg

The observatory
113509434-M.jpg

The main temple - I didn't think I'd be able to get a shot without a ton of people milling around in the foreground. For whatever reason there weren't any crowds on this side (I think it's the south side.)
113509813-M.jpg

The market
113510231-M.jpg

We all had a wonderful time. I just wish that a) I had taken a lot more pictures and b) I had taken better pictures :D

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited November 29, 2006
    Looks like a nice little getaway, Cletus. Thanks for the pics!
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    Cool trip. Thanks for sharing.

I love the pyramid.
  • Options
    cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    Thanks for the comments.

I forgot to mention that the staff at Chichen Itza threw a fit when I tried to take my tripod in with me. I had to leave the tripod at their "locker" facility which was basically a coat check for large bags and other items. Not a big deal but I wish I had known ahead of time so I could have just left it at the hotel.