The Magnificent... Six?

Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited December 2, 2006 in People
[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The-Magnificent-Six_MG_9755.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

This image was taken in poor light and ISO 400. Also my processing increased the grain. And you know what - I somehow like the result.
[/FONT]

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    Embrace the grain! I think grain adds a lot to certain shots, like this. thumb.gif
  • mgd_harveymgd_harvey Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    Great shot. I think the grain has enhanced it too. It has the look of one of the classic shots from the 50's.

Well done. Thanks for sharing this.
    Mark
    --
    So much has changed in our photo-world, and yet basically nothing's changed - It's still the pictures that really matter. David Noton
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    I'd straighten a bit, but otherwise I really like this! Grain can be cool... Great shot!
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    I like this too, grain and all...gives it a classic look.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    I like the grain and contrast too, makes it look historical, except for the modern cell phone guy in the back. He is in within the same depth of field as the sailors so he stands out and distracts from the group. He almost looks sharper than the sailors, which is a little disconcerting. I'd at least blur Phone Guy a little to push him back a bit and then add the grain back.

Phone Guy can stay if you like what he adds, but to me he makes it look like a commercial :D "Can you hear me now?" I'd think about cloning him out.

Or, if you keep Phone Guy, they can be the Magnificent Seven!
  • mgd_harveymgd_harvey Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2006
    Good work on cloning that guy out of there! thumb.gif

Because I know where he was, I can see his leg below and know what it is. Had I not seen the original, it would look like a post or something similar.
    Mark
    --
    So much has changed in our photo-world, and yet basically nothing's changed - It's still the pictures that really matter. David Noton
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2006
    I have actually cloned out few more people out of this photo. The leg was a bit too hard to do but as you say one would have to know it first before they could identify it.
    mgd_harvey wrote:
    Good work on cloning that guy out of there! thumb.gif

Because I know where he was, I can see his leg below and know what it is. Had I not seen the original, it would look like a post or something similar.
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2006
    Ahh, but there ARE seven! Unless the guy on the left has two ears on one side of his head! headscratch.gif The body-less legs are kinda interesting, I did notice them. I'm not sure if a non-photographer would or not, but it was odd to me. Cool shot though, I bet those guys would probably like it.
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2006
    Well spotted!clap.gif There are 7 of them indeed.

coldclimb wrote:
    Ahh, but there ARE seven! Unless the guy on the left has two ears on one side of his head! headscratch.gif The body-less legs are kinda interesting, I did notice them. I'm not sure if a non-photographer would or not, but it was odd to me. Cool shot though, I bet those guys would probably like it.
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2006
    I have actually cloned out few more people out of this photo.

Hey...that looks great!