More Agne!

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited November 30, 2006 in People
here's two more of agne from sunday. please tell me what you think!

113633267-L.jpg

113696743-L.jpg

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 29, 2006
    fantastic lighting and shadows in #2 thumb.gif
    (something a little different for you, no?)
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    #1 isn't my style... The quality looks lacking. Over sharpened or something? Out of focus pulled back?

#2: :D Nice.

Glad you don't have any overhead shots. clap.gif
  • kmhkmh Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    I really like both of these shots, and I do like them better than the first one you posted. -Kate
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    fantastic lighting and shadows in #2 thumb.gif
    (something a little different for you, no?)

thanks doc! it is a little different, i think i'm getting some better control over my lighting. a lot of my previous shoots have the model looking right at the camera, so that's a bit different too. you should be seeing more of that from me.

Owen wrote:
    #1 isn't my style... The quality looks lacking. Over sharpened or something? Out of focus pulled back?

#2: :D Nice.

Glad you don't have any overhead shots. clap.gif

thanks owen!
    #1 was focused and very sharp to start with, perhaps i over sharpened. i'm not 100% happy with that picture, i can't figure out why.

thanks for your comment about #2, i agree.
    i didn't take any overhead shots at all. i did take a few from the ground up though.
    kmh wrote:
    I really like both of these shots, and I do like them better than the first one you posted. -Kate

thanks kate! i like these better too!
  • elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    Wow! #2 is amazing... just love the light! Beautiful! thumb.gif
    edited November 29, 2006
    thanks elfving, i really appreciate it!
  • gavingavin Registered Users Posts: 411 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    You absolutly nailed the lighting on the second. WOW, very impressive. Love the vibrant colors. The only thing i do not like is she is dead center in the frame.
    D700 and some glass

www.gjohnstone.com
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    #1 - Great shot, but don't like the crop. I'd do it MUCH closer to her face and get rid of her clothes which are really distracting in this shot. I keep looking back and forth. I'd also try a b&w or slight sepia toning to see what that does. The lighting is quite nice and that would bring it out.

#2 - wonderful! What great lighting - unique and very interesting. I would crop out some of the left. While I really like the columns, i don't like her in the middle. I really wish you could see more to the right so you could include more of her shadow to offset the bright columns. Might be interesting! (Or it might suck. Laughing.gif!)

These are both wonderful! clap.gif
  • Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2006
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2006
    WTG!

I like both of these shots a lot.

#2 is simply one of the best shots I've seen you post! Great work.clap.gif
    edited November 30, 2006
    gavin wrote:
    You absolutly nailed the lighting on the second. WOW, very impressive. Love the vibrant colors. The only thing i do not like is she is dead center in the frame.
    thanks gavin! i feel that her placement in the center works because of the columns. i don't think the picture would have been as powerful if she were to the left or right more.
    #1 - Great shot, but don't like the crop. I'd do it MUCH closer to her face and get rid of her clothes which are really distracting in this shot. I keep looking back and forth. I'd also try a b&w or slight sepia toning to see what that does. The lighting is quite nice and that would bring it out.
    thanks, i think you might be right about the crop, i might try a really close crop. i may try b&w, that might look good.
    #2 - wonderful! What great lighting - unique and very interesting. I would crop out some of the left. While I really like the columns, i don't like her in the middle. I really wish you could see more to the right so you could include more of her shadow to offset the bright columns. Might be interesting! (Or it might suck. Laughing.gif!)
    i understand how you feel about her being in the center, but i think this works best.
    Simply great shots
    thanks ted!
    Mitchell wrote:
    I like both of these shots a lot.
    #2 is simply one of the best shots I've seen you post! Great work.clap.gif
    thanks a lot mitchell!