Replace Photo Problem.

cjyphotocjyphoto Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
edited November 30, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I tried replacing this photo earlier today and the thumbnail is missing. I figured it might take awhile so I waited until now to ask about it. Here is link to the image in question.

http://cjyphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/1799069/1/86488081
My Pictures : My Gear
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own - Adam Savage

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    cjyphoto wrote:
    I tried replacing this photo earlier today and the thumbnail is missing. I figured it might take awhile so I waited until now to ask about it. Here is link to the image in question.

http://cjyphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/1799069/1/86488081
    See if you can zoom the thumbnail unger photo tools , might trigger
    something and show.
    Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • cjyphotocjyphoto Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    Allen wrote:
    See if you can zoom the thumbnail unger photo tools , might trigger
    something and show.
    Al

Well the big image is what the thumbnail is supposed to be. So the full size is there. Just no thumb. ne_nau.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    cjyphoto wrote:
    Well the big image is what the thumbnail is supposed to be. So the full size is there. Just no thumb. ne_nau.gif
    Try rotating the photo, right, then left.
    edited November 29, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Try rotating the photo, right, then left.

Okay I tried rotating the image and now the whole gallery seems to hosed. I do get the thumbnails which is odd because there should be only one. I no longer get the larger image. I also can't navigate past the page with the replaced image on it. eek7.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2006
    I'm sorry for the trouble. I've reported it to Onethumb. I don't know if / how long he can fix it. So thanks in advance, for your patience.

If you want to be in business with that gallery fast, the best might be to reupload. I know, it's a pain, and I'm sorry about that, I really am.
    edited November 29, 2006
    It's not a big problem. Well it kind of is. I was just redoing some of the images. Hopefully it can be fixed without having to re-upload all the images. :(:
    edited November 30, 2006
    I've had to make that gallery private so hopefully no one clicks on that gallery as it now seems to lock up both IE and FF. Also my home page never finishes loading since I tried replacing those image.

From what I can tell the problem seems to be with the images I replaced today. One of those images was showing up in my popular photos thingy and when I hid my popular photos thing the home page finally finished loading.

I can't delete this image from here. Is there anyway it can be deleted on your side? Here is the file name:

[DefaultOutput] 7093_Ren Faire 0.jpg

These images were processed using the DxO Optics Pro 4.0 Photoshop plug-in. I didn't really pay attention to the strange file names maybe that is what is causing the problem.
    edited November 30, 2006
    I was finally able to fix the problems. Had to enter that gallery beyond the page the corrupted image was on. I was then able to use bulk delete to remove the offending images and everything is back to normal now. thumb.gif
  • smuggersmugger Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2006
    Replacing Photos
    I have also had problems with the 'replace photo' function over a couple of days. I replace a photo but when I go back to the thumbnail it is the original and I go to the larger image it is the original, the new photo never uploads and the whole site becomes slower. One day I got around it by just deleting and then uploading the new image. But then I lost the captions and the order of the images. The 2nd day the same thing occurred and I sent the link to help at Smugmug. They said they would forward it to the engineers. I haven't heard yet if they found out the problem though I have not tried again either.
    ~smugger
    edited November 30, 2006
    That kind of sounds like what happened to me. Although I've found Replace Photo pretty much hit or miss since I've been on SmugMug. ne_nau.gif