Options

Can't use it for 79 ...

davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
edited December 4, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
But I think it would have had a good shot.

32736476.jpg
dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited December 1, 2006
    davev wrote:
    But I think it would have had a good shot.

Very cool shot. The line of the leg almost seems like an extension of the car. Nice work.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 1, 2006
    I'm guessing this was shot previous to the challenge and therefore ineligible? Either way, gotta poke my head in and remind folks about the no photoshop part for this challenge.

(Don't take this personal Dave, your frame just reminded me to remind everyone. You know that I know that you know... right? lol3.gif)
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    kmhkmh Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2006
    I like it! Do it again!
  • Options
    athosathos Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I'm guessing this was shot previous to the challenge and therefore ineligible? Either way, gotta poke my head in and remind folks about the no photoshop part for this challenge.

(Don't take this personal Dave, your frame just reminded me to remind everyone. You know that I know that you know... right? lol3.gif)

couldnt he have shot that in a portrait orientation and cropped 10% of it?
    www.simplyathos.com

Gear
    *Canon 40D: 17-55IS - 70-300IS - 100mm Macro - Sigma 10-20EX
    *Imagination
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2006
    Ok, I forgot about the NO PS part.

Yes, this was shot about a year and a half ago, and I did a ton of work on it to got it to this point. It was getting dark, and I took this with my Sony 717 handheld.

I just thought that something like this would do pretty good in the challenge.

I may have to hang out in the malls to get shots of the kids in line waiting to see Santa. ne_nau.gif

Later.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2006
    athos wrote:
    couldnt he have shot that in a portrait orientation and cropped 10% of it?
    headscratch.gif

Not sure what you mean by that. I actually wasn't referring to the shot much at all. It was just the framing/border which requires heavy use of layers that made me stick in a little NO PSHOP reminder here. It's been a while since we've had a no pshop challenge, so I'll be dropping in from time to time over the next week to remind folks. More people view the comments threads than the main challenge thread. Make sense?

Now go shoot! :D
    Erik

• Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2006
    Dave, that is a marvelous shot. Great composition and a nice mysterious feeling to the subject matter. There is a story there...

I had missed the no photoshop part of this challenge, so am glad to have been reminded this early in the game. Of course, I use Corel PhotoPaint so the rule doesn't appy to me, right?? wings.gif Just joking! rolleyes1.gif

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2006
    Wonderful clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2006
    Flyinggina wrote:
    I had missed the no photoshop part of this challenge, so am glad to have been reminded this early in the game. Of course, I use Corel PhotoPaint so the rule doesn't appy to me, right?? Just joking! rolleyes1.gif

Virginia
    I kinda figured... and I'm glad you mentioned it, I don't think you're alone so I added a little asterisk to the thread title.
    Erik

• Options
    athosathos Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    headscratch.gif

Not sure what you mean by that. I actually wasn't referring to the shot much at all. It was just the framing/border which requires heavy use of layers that made me stick in a little NO PSHOP reminder here. It's been a while since we've had a no pshop challenge, so I'll be dropping in from time to time over the next week to remind folks. More people view the comments threads than the main challenge thread. Make sense?

Now go shoot! :D

ahhhh lol

as a photographer i immediately thought of the composition of the picture when you said framing, rather than the way it was presented via "digital framing". i thought you meant by his orientation of the shot there was no way it was shot by a camera but cropped instead more than the 10% allowed by the contest.

my bad :D

p.s. glad to see a limited ps contest.
    www.simplyathos.com

Gear
    *Canon 40D: 17-55IS - 70-300IS - 100mm Macro - Sigma 10-20EX
    *Imagination
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2006
    Dave really good capture. Nice attention to you surroundings to get this. thumb.gif
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2006
    Yea, surprisingly
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Dave really good capture. Nice attention to you surroundings to get this. thumb.gif

She wasn't parked under a bridge either rolleyes1.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    Swartzy wrote:
    She wasn't parked under a bridge either rolleyes1.gif
    True:D.
    I'm sure I've walked past a few sets of legs and not seen what was a good shot (easily distracted). I find more things to shoot every day though.