Options

Here at Last!

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited December 5, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
My ipf5000 finally came today! I was getting a little worried. Had to wait until my neighbor got home for him to help me move into the house. Did I mention it’s BIG! How come stuff never looks that big in the store?

I was for warned about poor documentation, and after reading what was in the box, set up may be more difficult that I had thought. I was hoping see a set of instructions that would walk me through the initial startup procedure, like cleaning, (does it need an initial, startup cleaning?) print head alignment, printing test prints, etc. Although I did find some info on cleaning the printhead, and adjusting the printhead automatically, it gives vague instructions like load ledger sized paper or larger. I think I know what ledger size is. But why don’t they just say 11” X 14”? Also what kind of paper is recommended!!!!

I want to see a section that begins with: First time startup procedure. Nice if it began>……. Now that you have unboxed, installed the ink, print heads, roller assembly, tray, cassette, and software in accordance with steps 1 through 1000, you are ready to make the initial adjustments, calibrations, and print out a test image. You will need 10 sheets of Canon _____ paper and a nice cup of coffee. Ok let get started!

No such luck…………………………………………..

I’m tired and am not going to tackle this until I get a good nights sleep.

I’ll let you know if I get through this daunting endeavor.

Oh, did I tell you it’s BIG?

Sam

Comments

• Options
    JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Congrats. Did you take any pictures of it? You say it's big...but I need to see it to believe it. :D
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Sam wrote:
    My ipf5000 finally came today! I was getting a little worried. Had to wait until my neighbor got home for him to help me move into the house. Did I mention it’s BIG! How come stuff never looks that big in the store?

Well I'm not the world's most physical guy but when I lift it high I nearly broke my spine oh my PROGRAF, PRO PRO PRO PRO PROGRAF