Assignment #17: Windows

13»

Comments

  • jopapecajopapeca Big grins Porto-PortugalRegistered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    Typical windows from an old building in the old Oporto downtown, also showing with pride the flag in support for our team in Euro2008 :D.


    2576492440_2fc6e2f3e5.jpg
    best regards
    Paulo Campos

    My photos at Flickr
  • NikolaiNikolai Darth SLR La LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    jopapeca wrote:
    Typical windows from an old building in the old Oporto downtown, also showing with pride the flag in support for our team in Euro2008 :D.
    Paulo,
    thank you!thumb.gif
    Technically, it's avalid entry, but since we are all trying to become better photogs, a few lines of C&C:
    1) Lighting sucks. Buildiong is too dark, sky is too bright.
    2) Angle is lame. It should be either bolder, or "dead on", at least from left-right perspective.
    3) Flag is a nice touch!

    I presume it was taking in the evening, try an early morning shoht with windows reflecting the sky/sun, and try to frame the sky out, leaving only the building face. You may wanna try to get farther back and use longer focal length.

    HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • jopapecajopapeca Big grins Porto-PortugalRegistered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Paulo,
    thank you!thumb.gif
    Technically, it's avalid entry, but since we are all trying to become better photogs, a few lines of C&C:
    1) Lighting sucks. Buildiong is too dark, sky is too bright.
    2) Angle is lame. It should be either bolder, or "dead on", at least from left-right perspective.
    3) Flag is a nice touch!

    I presume it was taking in the evening, try an early morning shoht with windows reflecting the sky/sun, and try to frame the sky out, leaving only the building face. You may wanna try to get farther back and use longer focal length.

    HTH

    tanks for the C&C, i'm still 'green' in photography rolleyes1.gif, but this forum is a great place to learn the technics and tips, and the assignments is a great way to pratice.
    I'll try to get a better shot of that building
    best regards
    Paulo Campos

    My photos at Flickr
  • Peter McLarenPeter McLaren Big grins Big Island of HawaiiRegistered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2008
    Window
    I hope that I am posting this correctly. Not sure how to do this.
    Image reduced to Black & White via Photoshop.


    This is an old abandaned Sugar plantaion house in Hawaii.

    Enjoy.
  • NikolaiNikolai Darth SLR La LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2008
    I hope that I am posting this correctly. Not sure how to do this.
    Image reduced to Black & White via Photoshop.
    This is an old abandaned Sugar plantaion house in Hawaii.
    Enjoy.
    Peter,
    great image, solid entry, thank you very much!thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Peter McLarenPeter McLaren Big grins Big Island of HawaiiRegistered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited June 18, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Peter,
    great image, solid entry, thank you very much!thumb.gif

    Aloha,
    Thank you for the kind words. I wasn't really sure on how to post and didn't want to intrude upon someone Else's post.

    Regarding the image:
    If one looks carefully one can see through the house to a window beyond. In the color image that was quite prononced but got kinda lost in the transision to Black & white.

    Mahalo, Peter
  • TexPhotogTexPhotog Major grins Las Vegas/El PasoRegistered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    I forgot about these also...
    319656526_hw6Kf-M-2.jpg

    319656956_ypS2d-M-2.jpg

    319657013_kC2Be-M-2.jpg

    319656989_6HsHg-M-2.jpg
    Miguel
    www.kabestudios.com
    I use a little bit of everything gear wise...
    Nikon/Canon/Sony/GoPro/Insta360º/Mavic 2 Pro
  • NikolaiNikolai Darth SLR La LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2008
    TexPhotog wrote:
    forgot about these also
    Are those recent?headscratch.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • TexPhotogTexPhotog Major grins Las Vegas/El PasoRegistered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2008
    Most of the last set of assignments were taken on the same date

    06/24/08

    I just forgot to upload... I shot simple lines and shapes, one, reflections, stairs, windows on the same date... one shop shoot...

    Here is a link to the gallery that has everything shot on that date

    http://www.pmaphotovideo.com/gallery/5253681_GLDQM#319656421_6FaBW
    Miguel
    www.kabestudios.com
    I use a little bit of everything gear wise...
    Nikon/Canon/Sony/GoPro/Insta360º/Mavic 2 Pro
  • CWSkopecCWSkopec SmugMug QA Patterson, CARegistered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    Found in an abondoned building near Seaport Village here in San Diego...

    2667269548_5293f20025_b.jpg

    It's the most interesting window I've found since I first saw this assignment, what with the layers of windows and the rigid geometry in front... at least to me!! :D
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • NikolaiNikolai Darth SLR La LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2008
    CWSkopec wrote:
    Found in an abondoned building near Seaport Village here in San Diego...

    It's the most interesting window I've found since I first saw this assignment, what with the layers of windows and the rigid geometry in front... at least to me!! :D

    I agree, great window! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Major grins PennsylvaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,788 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2009
    Glass Ceiling
    536118969_TuVc3-L.jpg

    The ceiling of a green house near the building where I work, viewed through a window. There's a touch of reflection on the window and suggestions of clouds beyond the glass ceiling.

    Cheers,
    Gretchen
  • NikolaiNikolai Darth SLR La LA landRegistered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2009
    sapphire73 wrote:
    The ceiling of a green house near the building where I work, viewed through a window. There's a touch of reflection on the window and suggestions of clouds beyond the glass ceiling.

    Cheers,
    Gretchen

    Gretchen, thank you, nice window! thumb.gif
    Next time watch your stance: frame is tilted! deal.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
Sign In or Register to comment.