Brother does a dodgeball tournament...

jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
edited December 2, 2006 in People
Well... I was going to post in the sports section... but my battery died after this first shot, which is horrible anyways! My brother is co-running an all night dodgeball tournament for the local youth ministry tonight. They had a great turnup and unfortunately I had to go and mess things up by not charging my battery!

Brother (Kevin) is the one with the microphone explaining the rules...

kevin_002.jpg

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2006
    Bad luck mate...i carry up to 6 batterys. I often end up lending them to other shooters.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited December 2, 2006
    Tough lesson to learn. But not nearly as tough as getting to the
    shoot and finding you have no memory cards...it happens to all
    of us.

Better luck next time.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2006
    Not sure what kind of camera you have, but I had my old 10D about 3 months ago when we went to the top of a pass here in Crested Butte. My husband's aunt was with use as well as my daughters and husband. Stunning backdrop. Amazing view. I took about 15 pictures and my battery died. 11doh.gif (I had 2 more at home charging. Double doh. I usually charge and put in my case, but didn't for once.)

Then one of the most amazing sunsets happened. *sigh*

I found out about 30 minutes after the sunset that if I had popped out my battery and popped it back in, I would have had at least 10 more shots! :cry

So, the lesson is: try popping out the battery - you may get a few more shots!