Day at the race track

TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited December 5, 2006 in Sports
Spent the best part of today out at Baskerville race track here in Hobart. The Hobart Sporting Car Club and Porche Car Club were giving rides around the track to kids from Camp Quality and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Here is a link to the kids photos.

http://tassied.smugmug.com/gallery/2195522

All photos from today will be donated to camp quality for use in there Book of memories.

It really does cost nothing to make somebody smile. I couldn't help but smile when I saw the cars pull up to the start line and the look of fear on the kids faces and then when they got out of the car it was just a huge beaming smile from ear to ear.

Then it was my turn to have a ride. Man I jumped at the chance. Thought I would take the camera with 10-22mm attached and see what I come up with.

Here are just a couple.

Just before lift off.

114207531-M.jpg

Around one of the corners...lol

114207548-M.jpg

Looked at the speedo at one stage. One it was in MPH and second it was pushing 95-100MPH man this woman can drive.

114207585-M.jpg
Cheers
David Clifford

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited December 4, 2006
    Nice ones David thumb.gifthumb.gif

I especially like the part about donating the photos for a memory book clap.gif U da man!! wings.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    Nice ones David thumb.gifthumb.gif

I especially like the part about donating the photos for a memory book clap.gif U da man!! wings.gif

Steve

Thanks for the comments Steve,

These kids are unbelievable and it was great fun spending the best part of the day with them.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    TassieD wrote:
    Spent the best part of today out at Baskerville race track here in Hobart. The Hobart Sporting Car Club and Porche Car Club were giving rides around the track to kids from Camp Quality and the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
    Here is a link to the kids photos.
    http://tassied.smugmug.com/gallery/2195522
    All photos from today will be donated to camp quality for use in there Book of memories.
    It really does cost nothing to make somebody smile. I couldn't help but smile when I saw the cars pull up to the start line and the look of fear on the kids faces and then when they got out of the car it was just a huge beaming smile from ear to ear.
    Then it was my turn to have a ride. Man I jumped at the chance. Thought I would take the camera with 10-22mm attached and see what I come up with.
    Here are just a couple.
    Just before lift off.
    Around one of the corners...lol
    Looked at the speedo at one stage. One it was in MPH and second it was pushing 95-100MPH man this woman can drive.

What a wonderful thing for you to do David clap.gifclap.gif sometimes the simple things in life can bring the greatest of joy into a person life .
    Was you car sick by the end of the trip rolleyes1.gif

Congratulations David... a little bit of kindness can go a long way.
    ...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    What a wonderful thing for you to do David clap.gifclap.gif sometimes the simple things in life can bring the greatest of joy into a person life .
    Was you car sick by the end of the trip rolleyes1.gif

Congratulations David... a little bit of kindness can go a long way.
    ...... Skippy (Australia)

Thanks for the kind words Skippy, nope no car sickness here thumb.gif was looking for another car to go in but they had all finished. Ahh well always next year.
    Cheers
    David Clifford