Gallery Protection

HEPHEP Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited December 2, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I have recently creted a new gallery and posted pics in same. I went into the customization and protected the gallery. The very first time I went into the gallery it asked for the password. I provided same and it opened the gallery like it is suppose to. Now every time I click on the protected gallery it does not ask for the pass word. I close the browser and then reopen it and again when I go to the protected gallery it does not ask for the password. Is the information being stored in the pc, like cookies and history therfore it does not require the password again.
Could someone shed a little light on this and I want to make sure it it working right. sensitive photos.
Thanks
Harry

Comments

• richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2006
    From the SmugMug Help pages:
    For convenience, SmugMug remembers that you are authorized to visit a gallery once you have correctly entered the password. You can revisit the gallery, provided you do so on the same computer, for 24 hours without having to enter it again. Anyone who visits the gallery for the first time, however, will be asked for the password even if you're not.
    Select "I'm using a public computer, don't save this password." under where you enter the password if you want to clear the cookie after you leave the gallery.
  • HEPHEP Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2006
    richW wrote:
    From the SmugMug Help pages:

Select "I'm using a public computer, don't save this password." under where you enter the password if you want to clear the cookie after you leave the page.

Thanks Rich that answers all my questions...
    Harry