Options

error code 12031 He$$

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited January 1, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I know that you all don't help with stuff like this. I have been dealing with it since last night. I can't even upload on the easy things anymore. Can't put anything on smugmug.

I have talked to AOL, repeatedly, taken all virus protection off. They suggested calling comast, our cable server, will have Bill do that next. I asked about microsoft, they suggested the cable company first. I have never had this happen. Just uploading. I can access everything fine.

I have dumped cache, defragged, run virus scans, etc. Just in case someone might want to suggest that. I have also unplugged things to let them rest.

I know you all have nothing to do with this type of problem, but just wanted everyone to know that I do have some great photos from last night. No point in working them up, can't share them.

ginger

And in all this, I am still thinking on the external hard drive. Takes trouble awhile to really sink into the brain.
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    Ginger,are you on a windows machine and if so,what OS?

Oh,I found this from Baldy http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=798620#post798620
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    ginger, you need to be more specific for us to help you
    1. what, *specifically* is the problem?
    2. what uploader are you trying to use (smugmug has several ways to upload)
    3. does your email work? you can email your pics to your smugmug account, follow the instructions here
    4. don't process? don't be silly. process your photos, your problem will get fixed, or you can try number 3, above.
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2004
    andy wrote:
    1. what, *specifically* is the problem?
    2. what uploader are you trying to use (smugmug has several ways to upload)
    3. does your email work? you can email your pics to your smugmug account, follow the instructions here
    4. don't process? don't be silly. process your photos, your problem will get fixed, or you can try number 3, above.
    Andy, I love your party gear. Thanks for answering, I did not expect an answer.

I have been using the top uploader for Internet Explorer people since I joined last April.

During, and since, last night, I have tried everyone of the other programs. I got a couple pictures through that way, though it was slow and frustrating.

Yes, my e-mail works, if worse came to worse I would use it. Since I was up til 4 AM working on getting the photos to you all that I did, you know the fallen moon, and then have worked on the problem most of today. Along with last minute tax stuff.

well, there is nothing I want to post immediately bad enough to use the e-mail route. I just want things fixed.

Yes, I will work on stuff.............but have to rest.

It is so frustrating. There is info on smugmug re it usually being caused by virus protection and security stuff. It was so sudden, don't know of any additions.

PCs are wonderful, but they can cause sleepless nights and megafrustrations, and that does not count the money to back up our "habit".

Thanks for answering. Will print stuff out, will work on it some more.

Happy New Year. You all look so festive. We never do anything. You might not realize this, but people drink alcohol out there in the world on New Year's Eve.:D

ginger
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2004
    MHJS wrote:
    Ginger,are you on a windows machine and if so,what OS?

Oh,I found this from Baldy http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=798620#post798620
    yes, I am on windows PC, XP. Dell Dimension 4550.

We don't know what OS means?

g

I printed out all relevant material. Can hardly keep my eyes open, and I have to eat something.
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2004
    OS= operating system=XP
    Have you ever done a system restore to a previous date?
    Long shot,but sometimes that gets me back.
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2005
    I think 24 hrs of angst might have helped me. Knock on wood, at 2:30 in this morning, but I am getting some shots through on the IE, too.

g (shhhhh, don't want to awaken the "error" bear)
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2005
    Weary (and I wonder why) old Bill, he called the cable company. We have a 20% loss in the signal, connectivity, or something. So that is probably that. They will be out here Thursday.
    That was the problem with uploading to smugmug. Maybe when traffic is down, like the middle of New Year's eve night, it is possible to get through.

Am glad I was too tired last night to leave a note for Bill. This way we know there is a problem with out cable, probably in the modem, etc.

ginger
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Weary (and I wonder why) old Bill, he called the cable company. We have a 20% loss in the signal, connectivity, or something. So that is probably that. They will be out here Thursday.
    That was the problem with uploading to smugmug. Maybe when traffic is down, like the middle of New Year's eve night, it is possible to get through.

Am glad I was too tired last night to leave a note for Bill. This way we know there is a problem with out cable, probably in the modem, etc.

ginger
    hmmm thats interesting Ginger.. hope it's fixed soon.. Happy New Year! oh and yes.. there was alcohol out there last night.. lots of it...:slosh nod.gif :sick