can't rename category Our_Friends to Friends, can't delete Friends, Want to move pics

CelsoDinizCelsoDiniz Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
edited December 3, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hello ! I can't rename category Our_Friends to Friends, can't delete Friends, Want to Move all Sub Categories from Our_Friends to Friends. What should I do ?

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2006
    CelsoDiniz wrote:
    What should I do ?
    provide me with a link to your homepage, so I can have a look thumb.gif
  • CelsoDinizCelsoDiniz Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2006
    Sure ! Her it is: http://www.celsodiniz.com/Our_Friends
    ivar wrote:
    provide me with a link to your homepage, so I can have a look thumb.gif

Sure ! Her it is: http://www.celsodiniz.com/Our_Friends
    And tks for the hlep ! bowdown.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2006
    CelsoDiniz wrote:
    Hello ! I can't rename category Our_Friends to Friends, can't delete Friends, Want to Move all Sub Categories from Our_Friends to Friends. What should I do ?
    Hi, you can't rename Our_Friends to Friends because we already have a category called Friends. You can move those galleries (via customize gallery) to the Category called Friends thumb.gif
    edited December 3, 2006
    Feature to move Sub-categories from one Category to another
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, you can't rename Our_Friends to Friends because we already have a category called Friends. You can move those galleries (via customize gallery) to the Category called Friends thumb.gif
    Hi Andy,

I figured that out when I tried to move all Sucategories from My_Family to Family and in fact I went through the painful process of customizing each gallery... And I was hoping you guys would offer an easier option for me as a user... I have more than a 100 galleries in 12 Sub-categories under Our_Friends and I was hoping not to be forced to customize each one of them simply because I want to move them from Our_Friends to Friends... I guess that situation must happen a lot since SmugMug already have the most common categories such as Friends... I guess life would be easier if there was a feature available for me to move each of the 12 Sub-categories from Our_Friends to Friends. Any chance ?

Thanks !!!
    Celso.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2006
    CelsoDiniz wrote:
    Hi Andy,

I figured that out when I tried to move all Sucategories from My_Family to Family and in fact I went through the painful process of customizing each gallery... And I was hoping you guys would offer an easier option for me as a user... I have more than a 100 galleries in 12 Sub-categories under Our_Friends and I was hoping not to be forced to customize each one of them simply because I want to move them from Our_Friends to Friends... I guess that situation must happen a lot since SmugMug already have the most common categories such as Friends... I guess life would be easier if there was a feature available for me to move each of the 12 Sub-categories from Our_Friends to Friends. Any chance ?

Thanks !!!
    Celso.

You must use gallery customization. I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you.

Wait, I do. We'll be happy to do this for you, if you wish. Say the word.
    edited December 3, 2006
    Feature to move Sub-categories from one Category to another
    Hello Andy,

Thank you for the offer... At this point I'm going through a major reorganization and I might have to customize many galleries anyway, so let me work on that and if I still need a massive move I will let you know, ok ?

On the other hand, don't you guys think it makes sense to offer a feature to move Sub-categories from one Category to another to SmugMug users ? Maybe you can add this one to the never ending list of enhancements we ask ;)

Thanks !!!
    Celso.