#79 Waiting - Dec. 1st

shoppixshoppix Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited December 4, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I drive by here most every night after work. Shot this while 'I was waiting' at stop light, through the open passenger window. I only applied 2 clicks of 'sharpen' in Elements 3. What do you think?? Lay it on me!!!

http://shoppix.smugmug.com/photos/newexif.mg?ImageID=114462047114462047-L.jpg

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2006
    The chain
    is distracting. Without the chain it's pretty good. There's something about this shot that isn't quite there.....at the moment can't put my finger on it...might need the left entirely cropped out where the green sign is. The other 2 people on the right kind of add to it but not certain....sorry for wishy wash....I'll study it and repost.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    that chain is very distracting and so is the green sign...if you could reshoot and just get the people on the bench, I think that would be the ticket, especially if no one knew you were shooting the photo.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    Good attempt, but there are too many distracting elements in the picture that take away from those waiting.
  • shoppixshoppix Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    Bus Stop - Reply
    nalvarez wrote:
    Good attempt, but there are too many distracting elements in the picture that take away from those waiting.

Ok. So I think best option would be totake another shot, maybe verticle. Just include out to right of green sign and similar on the right side. Just need to show a bit of areas outside of verticle posts. By standing up, across the street I should be high enough to cut out the chain. I should be out of obvious view from there also - anonymous - so as not to draw their attention.
    It might be a more interesting group who knows???!!!

Thanks & Regards
    Steve Hopkins
    shoppix