Bored -- film at 11

DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
edited December 5, 2006 in Holy Macro
Well, actually it was earlier than that. I found this roll of 35 mm film, pulled out of the cannister and left, deserted at the beach. Of course I brought it home so I could play with it. Well, today while making some new products at zazzle and waiting, waiting, waiting for the java script to do it's stuff, I pulled out a piece of photo paper and the film and played around. I did a lot of stuff in post -- lomo script, holga script, shadow/highlight, photo filter... enjoy.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    Well, actually it was earlier than that. I found this roll of 35 mm film, pulled out of the cannister and left, deserted at the beach. Of course I brought it home so I could play with it. Well, today while making some new products at zazzle and waiting, waiting, waiting for the java script to do it's stuff, I pulled out a piece of photo paper and the film and played around. I did a lot of stuff in post -- lomo script, holga script, shadow/highlight, photo filter... enjoy.

........what's Film ??? rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif ... just joking :D

Won't be long and people won't know what Film is ... I love it when people get bored on this forum, they come up with interesting stuff clap.gif

Thanks for sharing Dee........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2006
    Thanks Skippy
    Skippy wrote:
    ........what's Film ??? rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif ... just joking :D

Won't be long and people won't know what Film is ... I love it when people get bored on this forum, they come up with interesting stuff clap.gif

Thanks for sharing Dee........ Skippy (Australia)

It sure will be difficult to do cool, neat stuff with compact flash cards won't it?
  • mgd_harveymgd_harvey Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    I think this is a really cool shot. Lovely strong colours, dynamic angles, really good.

Thanks for sharing.
    Mark
    --
    So much has changed in our photo-world, and yet basically nothing's changed - It's still the pictures that really matter. David Noton
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    Really cool i dont even know how to put reel in a camera ! eek7.gif i did loaded once in PS which was auto reel loading
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    This is great Dee
    Cool color contrast and comp. Great imagination.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • mgd_harveymgd_harvey Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    I should also add that this brings back great memories. I love using film, just don't use it much these days:cry. This shot really brought that bck to me - possibly partly why I feel it is so powerful. thumb.gifthumb
    Mark
    --
    So much has changed in our photo-world, and yet basically nothing's changed - It's still the pictures that really matter. David Noton
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Thank you for the comments
    I'm showing my age I guess! How strange to think that my grandson won't know what "film" is! I remember struggling with the end of the film strip trying to get it to load properly without exposing too much of it. Trying to flip the advance lever enough so I would be sure I got the unexposed part! Then when we developed our own black and white film, trying to fish out the end of the film to load it onto the developing tank reel. Trying to remember when rewinding the film, to gauge it just right so there'd be enough left out of the cannister, but not too much that it would expose the first image...OH! and fishing around in the changing bag trying to get everything lined up...Oh, the good old days... NOT! :D

I remember waiting for the film to come back from the lab... hoping my photos turned out knowing there was no way to reshoot my vision!

Now I can review on the LCD, change settings and try again, instantly! And if all else fails, post process in photoshop...

Of course, now I have thousands of images on slides and color negative that I need to review and preserve... sigh... I don't even want to think about it. I'll have to ask my girls how much of this "family history" they are really interested in. It's just not worth all the effort if they just don't care...