Options

Waiting...#79 Let me know what ya think

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited December 4, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here my interpertation of "Waiting"

114493650-L.jpg

Shot thru my windshield during the snow storm, was shooting in between the wiper blade strokes......CLIK PIC FOR EXIF
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2006
    Art.
    (from Arthur I suppose)
    I think the ideia is great but - he is going to be mad at me - I don't like it.

May be the colours, the emptiness. This is just a stupid opinion.
    Other people may, for the very same reasons, find it wonderful.

Don't be mad at me. I mean no offense of course.:D

I think your picture has potential.

Go, reshoot, compose carefully, give that sky a colour.
    Use CPFilter !!

Man. Have I been too rude ?
    Sorry.:D
    Why not be sincere ? I think I have not hurt your feelings, have I ?:D
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2006
    Art.....
    This invokes somewhat of a depressing mood like after a long day at work, horrible traffic combined with dirty snow, let alone a spotted windshield. Has the flavor of a snapshot with a p&s. My opinion....go for something else with your much better talent.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2006
    Art.
    (from Arthur I suppose)
    I think the ideia is great but - he is going to be mad at me - I don't like it.

May be the colours, the emptiness. This is just a stupid opinion.
    Other people may, for the very same reasons, find it wonderful.

Don't be mad at me. I mean no offense of course.:D

I think your picture has potential.

Go, reshoot, compose carefully, give that sky a colour.
    Use CPFilter !!

Man. Have I been too rude ?
    Sorry.:D
    Why not be sincere ? I think I have not hurt your feelings, have I ?:D

Antonio,

yes..... Art is short for Arthur.
    Mad no.....if I can't take critisim then I shouldn't be here or doing photography or any other form of art....:D

When we get snow like this, the day was very foggy that is why it is grey in the sky and at the horizon...there are no colours or colors to be had from anything on this day....

no opinon is stupid....it is however an opinon and must be taken as constructive critisim.....

I thank you for your honesty
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited December 3, 2006
    Swartzy wrote:
    This invokes somewhat of a depressing mood like after a long day at work, horrible traffic combined with dirty snow, let alone a spotted windshield. Has the flavor of a snapshot with a p&s. My opinion....go for something else with your much better talent.

Swartzy,
    Depressing yes..on my way TO work....that snow hit in about a span of 2 1/2 hours..so it hadn't been on the ground long and i couldn't keep the winshield clean long enuff to get shor or get car positioned where I wanted to get all the cars and taillights and stop light......

Thanks for your honest constructive critisim.

• Options
    nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    I would agree with the above feedback. I think the picture clearly represents "waiting", but the picture itself is quite ordinary and the fact that you shot through your windshield, left some obvious distracting elements in the frame. Try again and I'm sure you'll get a much better submission. great work!!
  • Options
    shoppixshoppix Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    Waiting
    hi Art. I have to agree with the other gents - a bit too ordinary, everyday! Even with the snow. This reminded me - when trying to think of better but similar photo op to look for - of an 11 mile line of tractor trailers on the PA turnpike. It was very icy - too much so for them to get up a short and minimal incline.
    Anyways, keep shootin' and thank for your feedback on my 'bus stop' photo.
    steve (shoppix)

Art Scott wrote:
    Here my interpertation of "Waiting"

114493650-L.jpg

Shot thru my windshield during the snow storm, was shooting in between the wiper blade strokes......CLIK PIC FOR EXIF