Options

Ch #79: Waiting Tables

kmhkmh Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited December 5, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I would greatly appreciate feedback on these pictures and/or the non-literal interpretation of the theme (need not be gentle!). 114631037-L.jpg
114631697-L.jpg114632010-L.jpg
Thanks so much, Kate

Comments

• Options
    douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2006
    I like # 1 best, although if you could reshoot it may look better shot wide in landscape mode with the whole table in the background, preferably with no one looking straight at the camera. # 2 and 3 dont realy convey "waiting" to me.
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    I concur wih Douglas....#1 is the best and I too think it should have been in landscape to show a little more of the surroundings.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    kmhkmh Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    My idea was the waitress "waiting tables"...but if I have to explain it, then that's not a good thing! Maybe a more literal interpretation is best anyway...I thought I was being clever though! I wasn't able to use the better shots -- they were either too soft/oof, or required too much cropping/cloning. Thanks for the feedback! -Kate
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    I think it's a great idea. I agree that the first shot is the only one that conveys the message though. I cannot tell what the other 2 shots are about without the first one to set them up. I think a re-shoot would help. I thnk this shot is a little too soft to be competitive in the challenge. The entries just keep getting better and better all the time. :D
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    Hi Kate! I agree with Saurora that it is a great idea. I also agree that shots #2 and #3 don't work for the challenge. I think it is definitely worth a reshoot. Good luck.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    I agree with the above comments.
  • Options
    kjskjs Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    I actually really like the first shot, Kate! I think "waiting tables" is a valid interpretation of the theme. And, the big tray she's carrying with food/drinks conveys that interpretation well. I think the focus is on the server who is the one doing the "waiting". If you had the server and other people in the shot you could get a double meaning... waiting tables and waiting for food! :)

Kim
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Number one is the best of the 3. Maybe a shot of her putting a plate of food in front of someone, maybe with a little interaction between the two.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.