Options

digital downloads to the rescue

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited December 7, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Got a call yesterday from someone who needed to get prints fast. I remembered the digital downloads. :D

She emailed me a list of what she wanted, I retouched them, uploaded them and she was able to buy the files, and get her prints where ever she wants without dealing with shipping. Just gotta say-- thank you again SM for following up on the suggestions for the digital download option-- it's really useful and a lot more professional than meeting someone in a coffeeshop and trading a CD for cash :thumb

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    The downfall of this is you then don't have control of the final product. Have you ever tried a local grocery store or drug store for prints? They are terrible.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2006
    JimM wrote:
    The downfall of this is you then don't have control of the final product. Have you ever tried a local grocery store or drug store for prints? They are terrible.

Downfall? I made a hundred bucks selling five photos that otherwise would have just sat on my HD and website. They weren't portfolio shots, just standard event shots (for me) that would probably get deleted off the website in six months anyway.

I understand about quality, but Costco and places like that actually have pretty good print quality. Many of those places use Fuji Frontiers-- just like EZ Prints.

Besides, these folks had actually ordered prints off me in the past, only they accidentally chose the crop option so I had to e-mail back and forth with SM help them get replacements. Heck-- I'll take more money and less hassle any day.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+