Question about Challenge 79

davidryandavidryan Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
edited December 8, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi folks-- I realize that you are not to use photoshop (except perhaps very basic corrections) but what if you took pics to form a pano? I stitched the photo together with photoshop. Only made a white balance corrections (the early morning light was just perfect!). Would this be admissable? No hard feelings if it is not. But thought I'd ask.

Comments

• SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    I'm pretty sure no photoshop means no photoshop.
    If your really that stoked about the shot. Post it in a thread under the right forum and see what everyone else thinks?
    Just a thought.
  • davidryandavidryan Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    I'm pretty sure no photoshop means no photoshop.
    If your really that stoked about the shot. Post it in a thread under the right forum and see what everyone else thinks?
    Just a thought.
    Didn't say I was stoked about the shot-- I just enjoyed taking it and a pano, at least with my camera, is impossible without stitching the photos together with the use of some sort of photo manipulating software. eek7.gif

So I guess I'll just forget it. But thanks!
  • shoppixshoppix Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    DAvid - your panaram shot
    David - just looked at your gallery - petty nice. I think you should upload it to a forum for us to see.

shoppix
    :ivar
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 8, 2006
    davidryan wrote:
    Hi folks-- I realize that you are not to use photoshop (except perhaps very basic corrections) but what if you took pics to form a pano? I stitched the photo together with photoshop. Only made a white balance corrections (the early morning light was just perfect!). Would this be admissable? No hard feelings if it is not. But thought I'd ask.
    Sorry David, that goes against the spirit of the challenge as it would require heavy layering, cropping, rotating, etc. Not to mention its more than one shot.

No photoshop is really meant to encourage getting the most out of a single shutter activation. thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]