New to people forum

tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
edited December 9, 2006 in People
I recently posted my first photo in this forum. This is my second post. In the first I said I'd fix the orig. image, and post a few more from the same shoot. Comments and critiques are welcome.

114748843-L.jpg

114749035-L.jpg

114749171-L.jpg

114749129-L.jpg

114749069-L.jpg

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
----Ruth Ann Schubacker

Comments

• urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    tlee wrote:
    I recently posted my first photo in this forum. This is my second post. In the first I said I'd fix the orig. image, and post a few more from the same shoot. Comments and critiques are welcome.

I really like the BW of the baby and mom (I presume).

this baby is really cute, he looks like a little man! Not only does he have a ton of hair, but a really mature face.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    What absolutely stunning eyes!
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    lovely photos, those are really sharp...... Specially like the B&Wclap.gif
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Thanks for all the comments!

www.studioTphotos.com

----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    They're all great shots. I think the last one is my favorite. The intense eye contact is especially good. clap.gif
  • kjskjs Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Did you try to match his pacifier with his eyes? :) Really great shots... love the one of him sleeping in mom's arms!

Kim
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    Welcome!!! I saw the first post, but didn't have time to post much so I hope you don't mind some CC!

First of all, this is the cutest little boy! What gorgeous eyes and some wonderful shots!!!
    1. Love the shot and the white vignette, but I'd crop closer so you dont' see his hand. I find that very distracting and there's not real reason to have such a wide crop. You'll bring the focus more on his amazing eyes!
    2. My eyes keep getting dragged back to his pants. I'd crop out just to the left of his arms and really bring the focus back to his face. Actually getting down to his level (laying onthe floor) would be best in this case, too.
    3. Sweet, sweet, sweet! Just LOVE this shot! You could pop it a little by adding a touch more contrast - especially in the darks. It's just gorgeous!
    4. I like, but don't love this shot. Don't get me wrong, it's cute and he's cute, but the other photos have more emotion in them. This is just a photo to me. To make it a little stronger, I'd crop out his pants again. (Because his pants compete in color with his eyes, unless they are a major portion of the photo in these cases, I would crop 'em out.)
    5. Hold on, let me pull that binky out! Laughing.gif! My girls never got binky's so I'm VERY distracted by them. This is a wonderful shot, though, and it would only have been stronger without it! (Of course, that probably would have been a crying, screaming shot, though! rolleyes1.gif )
    These are just wonderful photos! I love how you can really capture the eyes in these. Just precious! I can't WAIT to see more from you! :D
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    Those are really good.

That angel has lots of hair.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2006
    Nice shots all.
    I love those eyes! Nice lighting throughout and great comps. Fun stuff eh?
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2006
    Thanks to all for the comments/replies--and the warm ewelcome to this forum!. Andi--I agree about cropping some of the shots closer, thus removing the pants/jeans. That is what I would have originally done. However, the mother of the baby really liked that you could see his little jeans in the pics--so they stayed. Thanks for all of your advice/critique-I appreciate it a lot.

www.studioTphotos.com

----Ruth Ann Schubacker