another 'santa baby' :)

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited December 6, 2006 in People
little alison at 16 weeks (and her beautiful mama)

114377883-M.jpg
114377770-M.jpg
114376790-M.jpg

114378399-M.jpg
114376944-M.jpg
C&C welcome!
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    I really like the comp of the bottom one. Very unique!

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    You have such wonderful, fun shots here! Here are my CCs on them:
    1. Cute shot! I'd PS out whatever is in the upper left corner that's white, though. Or maybe crop a tad closer to get rid of that and the small sliver of the baby's arm in the lower right. You may also want to bump contrast (esp brights) just a *tad* as it's a tiny bit muddy.
    2. Love the comp and colors on this! How did you get the "softness" in it? I like it! You may want to dodge in the baby's eyes a tiny bit brighter.
    3. Crop off the right side of the photo (especially that white at the top) and this is just precious!
    4. I almost like this shot, but not quite. I think it could use a tiny bit of tweaking. Maybe burn in the curtains to darken them, crop a tiny bit off the right to make the composition more "on purpose" and I think you have it. Cute shot!
    5. My fave of the bunch! I'd bump the contrast a bit on this one, too, but I just LOVE LOVE this shot!!! (Hmmmm, may have to copy you on this one!)
    Great session! Cute family.....
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    You have such wonderful, fun shots here! Here are my CCs on them:
    1. Cute shot! I'd PS out whatever is in the upper left corner that's white, though. Or maybe crop a tad closer to get rid of that and the small sliver of the baby's arm in the lower right. You may also want to bump contrast (esp brights) just a *tad* as it's a tiny bit muddy.
    2. Love the comp and colors on this! How did you get the "softness" in it? I like it! You may want to dodge in the baby's eyes a tiny bit brighter.
    3. Crop off the right side of the photo (especially that white at the top) and this is just precious!
    4. I almost like this shot, but not quite. I think it could use a tiny bit of tweaking. Maybe burn in the curtains to darken them, crop a tiny bit off the right to make the composition more "on purpose" and I think you have it. Cute shot!
    5. My fave of the bunch! I'd bump the contrast a bit on this one, too, but I just LOVE LOVE this shot!!! (Hmmmm, may have to copy you on this one!)
    Great session! Cute family.....

AWESOME CC Andi!!! I obviously didn't pay attention to a few rotate/crops (hence the little white slivers) and the suggestions on how to make #4 that much better is very well recieved...I will post my edit.

Contrast is such a touchy thing on monitors, on my home Sony Vaio laptop it looked fine in CS2, now on my HP work monitor I see what you mean.

In all but the family shot I used Dave's Ethereal Glow action at 70% opacity layer. In high key situations it is way too much but in this case it smoothed skin, which was necessary before ChannelMixing. (notice the smoothness in mom&baby). I have had trouble with grainy/veiny BWs, and like the results better than masking/blurring.
    Canon 5D MkI
    edited December 4, 2006
    Edited version, per Andi's thoughtful suggestions. I also smoothed skin and brightened catchlights in Dad's eyes (hey, the girls get glamourized, gotta even it out!) :D
    114780618-M.jpg
    Canon 5D MkI
    edited December 4, 2006
    Awesome! Much better. It's so cool how tiny tweaks make a photo a lot better!

Glad you took it they way I meant it! :D

Great shot.
    edited December 4, 2006
    Awesome! Much better. It's so cool how tiny tweaks make a photo a lot better!

Glad you took it they way I meant it! :D

Great shot.

Thank you so much! And btw, this is the dad & baby from my avatar...the "faces" of my current marketing materials. its such an joy to document how the little ones change in such a short time...iloveyou.gif
    105077426-M.jpg
    Canon 5D MkI
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    The cute factor gets a 10 out of 10 on these shots!!! Just adorable! I really like the black and whites, and the last one is a prize-winner! clap.gif
    edited December 5, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    The cute factor gets a 10 out of 10 on these shots!!! Just adorable! I really like the black and whites, and the last one is a prize-winner! clap.gif

Aw, thanks Saurora, I really appreciate your comments!! I love taking pictures of all children but Alison is admittedly my new muse. She is so cute I could just eat her up!!!
    Canon 5D MkI
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    What a cute baby. I love the composition on the last one. Very unique.
    edited December 6, 2006
    urbanaries wrote:
    Thank you so much! And btw, this is the dad & baby from my avatar...the "faces" of my current marketing materials. its such an joy to document how the little ones change in such a short time...iloveyou.gif

I have always been in love with your avatar! Just a wonderful shot.... That's SO much fun that you've been able to continue capturing them!!!