Water Momma

Deanna AlkoDeanna Alko Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
edited December 6, 2006 in People
Hi all,
This is my mom, she has a love of water and an aversion to cameras. I was able to wrestle a little cooperation out of her to capture this one.

C&C greatly appreciated...

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    Hi all,
    This is my mom, she has a love of water and an aversion to cameras. I was able to wrestle a little cooperation out of her to capture this one.

C&C greatly appreciated...

Hi again Deanna :D your mum looks happy in the water, and I can understand her aversion to camera's, I prefer to be the one taking the photos and not be in there too.

You got some nice colour in that shot, and I like how you can still clearly see your mother's eyes even though she is wearing tinted sunglasses :D
    ....... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    I like the reflection of the palm tree(s) in her sunglasses.

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    Nice picture of your mom....maybe after seeing it she will be a little more cooperative! I like the reflections, too. :D
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    You know, normally I'd remind you of the rule of thirds, but I think putting your mother right in the middle really works well here - give you a sense of what she likes!

Great capture, nice colors! And welcome!
  • Deanna AlkoDeanna Alko Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone. It's been a never ending challenge to get her to let me take photos of her (I guess she might secretly feel she's prepping for when I have kids rolleyes1.gif)

This particular image I PP to bring in the wave that's crashing immediately behind her (the other more distant wave was original to this pose). I did capture that actual event (the crashing wave) but the image was less than flattering of her.

All in all, mom was a trooper and sustained only mild abrasions for the love of her daughter iloveyou.gif