Cameras and Cold

lifesdisciplelifesdisciple Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited December 4, 2006 in Cameras
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this so if not you have my apologies.
I have a question about cameras and the cold weather. I take my camera and all my lenses packaged up in my Tamrac backpack everwhere I go. I normally leave it in the car when I am on the job. Car is always in my view and locked. My concern is the cold. Should I leave it in the car in the cold even if it is in the backpack? On real cold days I bring it inside if I can, but I am a contractor who remodels homes. There isn't always a safe place to put it inside. Curious as to what others may do or if the cold is really bad for my equipment. Thanks for your time.

Michael - Life's Disciple

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

www.lifesdisciple.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this so if not you have my apologies.
    I have a question about cameras and the cold weather. I take my camera and all my lenses packaged up in my Tamrac backpack everwhere I go. I normally leave it in the car when I am on the job. Car is always in my view and locked. My concern is the cold. Should I leave it in the car in the cold even if it is in the backpack? On real cold days I bring it inside if I can, but I am a contractor who remodels homes. There isn't always a safe place to put it inside. Curious as to what others may do or if the cold is really bad for my equipment. Thanks for your time.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=3167&highlight=winter+photography