Options

Is there a way to disable the right click?

NathalieRoseNathalieRose Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited December 9, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Is there a way to stop clients from right clicking their mouse over a pic and copying it to their computer?

I've seen it done in other websites and it's so much better than watermarking all of the pics.

I hope it's easy to do!

Thanks!
Nathalie

Comments

• Options
    David TaylorDavid Taylor Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    Yes, if you have a pro account, more info here
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    Is there a way to stop clients from right clicking their mouse over a pic and copying it to their computer?

I've seen it done in other websites and it's so much better than watermarking all of the pics.

I hope it's easy to do!

Thanks!
    Nathalie
    It can be done even w/o pro account, but the JS can be disabled w/ the proper hack so some will tell you it's a waste of time...
  • Options
    David TaylorDavid Taylor Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif Once the image is on your screen, it will be within your cache and easy enough to find by seaching on the filename. If you really want them protected, watermark, watermark watermark
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2006
    Thank-you! Very helpful :) I did opt for the right click protection for now. I will create a subtle watermark and apply it later.

Nathalie
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    15524779-Ti.gif Once the image is on your screen, it will be within your cache and easy enough to find by seaching on the filename. If you really want them protected, watermark, watermark watermark

And-- just to add my two-cents-- even easier is to hit print scrn on a PC and then ctlr-v in PSCS. Takes about two seconds to grab a right-click "protected" image that way.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    Iron CreekIron Creek Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    I right click and watermark all my images. Get a watermark up as soon as you can.
    Don Libby,
    Iron Creek Photography
    httP://www.Ironcreekphotography.com
    Tucson, Arizona

Member NAPP; PPA
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2006
    Iron Creek wrote:
    I right click and watermark all my images. Get a watermark up as soon as you can.

Ok I've created a watermark on PS CS, how do I use it on smugmug?

:)
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    Ok I've created a watermark on PS CS, how do I use it on smugmug?

:)
    SmugMug Help to the rescue!
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-watermark-protection
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2006
    Andy wrote:

Thanks so much Andy! It's done ... :)
  • Options
    03FatBoy03FatBoy Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2006
    Add custom message to the pop-up warning?
    First off...HELLO! This is my first post here. clap.gif I've been setting up my fathers website here at Smugmug. We both love the site and I especially love the dgrin forums. I have been customizing the heck outta his web site. We will give a proper introduction a little bit later on.

My questioin: I've seen on a few galleries around here that you can customize the message that is in the pop-up warning box you get when a person tries to right-click save an image. Could you point me in the right direction to add my own © information to that pop-up?

I also have a second question about adding © info into the footer. I've customized the footer to only include the following:
    "powered by SmugMug | login | shopping cart | portions © 2006 SmugMug, Inc."

I'd like to add "© Charles A. Ward Photography (pipe)" then the rest of what is above. Could you also help with that?

Thanks everyone. Here's to a long friendship! thumb.gif

Jamie Ward
    Webmasterrolleyes1.gif
    Charles A. Ward Photography
    Jamie Ward - working on my dad's website
    www.charlesawardphotography.com
    cward.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2006
    03FatBoy wrote:
    First off...HELLO! This is my first post here. clap.gif I've been setting up my fathers website here at Smugmug. We both love the site and I especially love the dgrin forums. I have been customizing the heck outta his web site. We will give a proper introduction a little bit later on.

My questioin: I've seen on a few galleries around here that you can customize the message that is in the pop-up warning box you get when a person tries to right-click save an image. Could you point me in the right direction to add my own © information to that pop-up?
    Yes, sure:

The FAQ:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=26043

I also have a second question about adding © info into the footer. I've customized the footer to only include the following:
    "powered by SmugMug | login | shopping cart | portions © 2006 SmugMug, Inc."

I'd like to add "© Charles A. Ward Photography (pipe)" then the rest of what is above. Could you also help with that?

Thanks everyone. Here's to a long friendship! thumb.gif

Jamie Ward
    Webmasterrolleyes1.gif
    Charles A. Ward Photography

try instead, FAQ #43 and you can see it in action on my site:

http://www.moonriverphotography.com

wave.gif welcome to Dgrin
  • Options
    03FatBoy03FatBoy Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2006
    Thanks for the help Andy.

I usually pride myself on being able to find the answers to thing like this via my searching and reading the forums and FAQs.

But this time, I could almost kick my own butt for over looking the answers right there in front of me.

Anyway, thank you again.

Jamie
    Jamie Ward - working on my dad's website
    www.charlesawardphotography.com
    cward.smugmug.com