PE 5.0 for MAC?

PigmyPuncherPigmyPuncher Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited December 7, 2006 in Finishing School
I looked all over the adobe site, but couldn't find any reference as to if they will produce a OS X version of Photoshop Elements 5.0... Anyone here know what's going on with ver 5?

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    I looked all over the adobe site, but couldn't find any reference as to if they will produce a OS X version of Photoshop Elements 5.0... Anyone here know what's going on with ver 5?
    Last I heard was that there is not going to be a PSE5 for Mac. I think PSE6 will be the next mac release.
  • LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Any ideas on when? PSE5 has been out for a while now. I skipped 4. Didn't seem to offer all that much new for Macs, but I'm ready for an upgrade now. :D
  • PigmyPuncherPigmyPuncher Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited December 7, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Last I heard was that there is not going to be a PSE5 for Mac. I think PSE6 will be the next mac release.

That's very disappointing... I don't like the iphoto software, and Aperture doesn't seem to have the same full functionality as PSE (batch renaming, photo editing, etc).. Both those Mac apps choke on my 43+ gig of photos - especially iPhoto which tries (very unsuccessfully) to move all the photos to one directory... I was a big fan of PSE 4 for windows (so much I purchased 2 copies for both my windows boxes), and I don't have the cash for CS2. Guess I may have to settle for PSE 4.0 for Unix... headscratch.gif

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε