Irratic Up Loads?

PawPaw BearPawPaw Bear Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited December 5, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Has any one else been experiencing erratic up loads to their galleries? I can't tell if it is the server or my ISP. It appears as if the server times out. The first several files take off like a scalded ape but then it gets really sluggish for a file or two then bombs out.:dunno

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Has any one else been experiencing erratic up loads to their galleries? I can't tell if it is the server or my ISP. It appears as if the server times out. The first several files take off like a scalded ape but then it gets really sluggish for a file or two then bombs out.ne_nau.gif

Hi PawPaw,

Erratic uploads can result from a poor or unstable connection.

Can you run the line quality test at www.dslreports.com/linequality - it's free (must register for the free acct). Share the results, and we can help diagnose the problem for you.

Thanks!
  • PawPaw BearPawPaw Bear Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Hi Andy,
    Thanks for a speedy reply. I ran several line test But although they vary in response to some degree they all fall in a good reange of speed. I am getting an error message that reads "Sending information to the server failed with error code 12030. Uploading has been aborted. Do you know what error code 12030 is?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Do you know what error code 12030 is?
    This not-very-helpful Windows error officially means there is a problem with your connection. It can happen on wireless networks with phones interferance, it can be precipitated by security software that is trying to protect your PC, or interupption in the connection with your Internet Service Provider.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/problems

One thing to try, is to connect directly to your cable modem. ear.gif
  • PawPaw BearPawPaw Bear Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Hmmm, this particular CPU is connected wireless 2.4mhz, phones are 5.8mhz, all security software, firewall, AV, spyware, etc were disabled after the second abort. Going to try hard wire. I think it is the phone line though and I have scheduled a trouble shooting call with Bellsouth on site tomorrow afternoon. Meanwhile my workflow is down to a crawl.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. As always you are right there listening in.

Thanks,
    Whit