http://www.dxo.com
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Just as way of explanation.

4.0 was PC only.

4.1 is Mac/PC. That's why the Mac part is big news. I've been waiting for it to come out of 3.5 for a while.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    I just finished my 21 day evaluation of 4.0 for the PC. While I was impressed in some areas I was not impressed in others. Final product was not quite as good as I could do with Lightroom. I'll wait to see if they add more of the lenses I own to their database for my camera. It is is an interesting product though.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    mrcoons wrote:
    I just finished my 21 day evaluation of 4.0 for the PC. While I was impressed in some areas I was not impressed in others. Final product was not quite as good as I could do with Lightroom. I'll wait to see if they add more of the lenses I own to their database for my camera. It is is an interesting product though.

Have you tried the distortion corrections? That's the amazing thing to me, the improvement in the image over ACR. http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1366386/2
    Moderator Emeritus
  • mrcoonsmrcoons Registered Users Posts: 653 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    I did for images taken with my XT but when I did my evaluation they had none of the lenses defined for the XTi which is my primary camera. Bummer. The few I had from my XT were amazing, very impressive.

Let me know what you think of it after you experiment more!