about upload order - just curious

RKeatonRKeaton Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
edited December 8, 2006 in SmugMug Support
when I upload many files (using the UDDU, hehe) I notice it never uploads them in order. They end up in the right order once the gallery is complete, but it always starts with something other than image #1. Is there a reason for this?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    RKeaton wrote:
    when I upload many files (using the UDDU, hehe) I notice it never uploads them in order. They end up in the right order once the gallery is complete, but it always starts with something other than image #1. Is there a reason for this?
    I'm sorry I don't know. Ben would know, but he's off to Paris on a well-deserved vacation.
  • olegosolegos Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2006
    I assume we're talking Windows. I think that's because when you drag & drop, Windows doesn't maintain the order when it gives file names to the target. Have you noticed how when you drag & drop files from one Explorer window into another to copy, the files are never copied in order? That said, I think it should be very doable to sort the file list in the uploader and upload in order, and also send the file list to the server first, so that if upload aborts, the files that didn't upload could be entered into the log (this last bit would be extremely useful to me).