A few from today...

kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
edited December 6, 2006 in People
Nothing special, just a few snapshots. I'm finally learning my new editing software and really loving it!

115037223-M.jpg

I know he's in center and I've amputated body parts but his eyes just draw me in.:lust :
115037304-M.jpg

And this is what my two year old does when she sees my camera-seriously!
115037447-L.jpg

Comments

• DernoDerno Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    wow those eyes ARE really awesome, and even though the little girl is afraid of the camera, the camera sure likes her! nice shots
    http://www.derno.net
    Canon Rebel XT
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    I like them all but I like the last best ! :D
    Health for the parents and for herself. thumb.gifthumb
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Nothing special, just a few snapshots. I'm finally learning my new editing software and really loving it!

If only everyone posted snapshots like these. clap.gif
  • thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Wow, those are fantastic, could I ask what treatment you used on that last shot to get that lovely soft effect and also what lens and settings you used on the other two?

Charlie
  • kjskjs Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Again... amazing shots! :) I LOVE the last one.... great way to capture a two-year-old girl's personality!

I had my kid's portraits done last summer and my favorite one is my 2 year old (girl) and 4 mth old (boy) sitting together. He has a great big smile and she has a scowl on her face... it totally captured my kid's personalites! I always wanted to put a quote on there that said, "Everything was fine until HE came along!" rolleyes1.gif

Kim
  • kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Awe-Thank you for the nice comments everyone! Hahaha-Kim what a funny but true story about your kids-I can relate. You know, she really was a different kid before her little brother came along-lol.:giggle Charlie~no problem, I have paint shop pro XI (wish I had CS2!) so all I did was click-- Adjust->Softness->Soft Focus -everything was set at 50%. I used the 100mm lens on all of these. The first pic I just adjusted the curves and levels, bumped the contrast and used black and white film filter(blue). The second I just adjusted the contrast slightly, and used sepia tone set to 30% I believe. Both were shot at 1/100s and 200 ISO, the last one of Hannah was 1/100s and 800 ISO(I didn't use flash on that one). Hope I was some help. Thanks again you guys-you made my day.:D
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    I'm so excited to see more of your work! The first one really grabs me (great conversion BTW), but they're all wonderful. Nicely done.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    Wonderful!!! here's my CC:
    1. Amazing! Stupendous! I just LOVE it!!!
    2. Awww, such a bummer about the crop! Have you tried cropping closer to see if it's more "acceptable"? It's such a GREAT capture of expression or eyes that it's worth trying!
    3. Awwww... What a sweet girl! It looks like it's pretty soft- I assume it's from post processing. I'd like to see here eyes and some more of her face less soft, personally. It's a wonderful shot, though!
    Awesome job!

ETA: AWESOME conversions on these, too!