Options

Ordering prints from pro account while logged in. Will cost show?

Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited December 7, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have a pro account (www.steadfastdesigns.com) and I have some tech challenged customers who would like to order prints. They could just order them direct from the site. The images are there but they barely know how to use the interent. So what I'd like to do is just login to my site, order the images for them via the shopping cart, and mail the images direct to them.

If I do that, will they see my cost of the prints? I hope not. I ask because when I'm placing this order, I will be logged in and getting the SM price, not my customer price..

Does anyone know for sure?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2006
    I have a pro account (www.steadfastdesigns.com) and I have some tech challenged customers who would like to order prints. They could just order them direct from the site. The images are there but they barely know how to use the interent. So what I'd like to do is just login to my site, order the images for them via the shopping cart, and mail the images direct to them.

If I do that, will they see my cost of the prints? I hope not. I ask because when I'm placing this order, I will be logged in and getting the SM price, not my customer price..

Does anyone know for sure?

They would see your pricing, do not give our your login.
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    They would see your pricing, do not give our your login.

Give out my login? I didn't say anything about giving them my login. Are we on the same page here?

It would be me logging in to my account, ordering the prints, billing it to my credit card, but mailing the print direct to them. So if I did that, they would see how much I paid for those prints?
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2006
    Give out my login? I didn't say anything about giving them my login. Are we on the same page here?

It would be me logging in to my account, ordering the prints, billing it to my credit card, but mailing the print direct to them. So if I did that, they would see how much I paid for those prints?
    rolleyes1.gif I'm sorry I misread your post :D

No, your pricing won't show to them. Drop shipping is fine, go forth with no worries!
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif I'm sorry I misread your post :D

No, your pricing won't show to them. Drop shipping is fine, go forth with no worries!

Excellent! Thanks Andy!

PS Completelly OT while I have your ear... :D , please please please implement category / sub category password capabilities! I want my clients to be able to access a category/subcategory of galleries without having to enter a password for each gallery contained therein. Sorry... I digress. Is this on the horizon at all?
  • Options
    edited December 7, 2006
    Excellent! Thanks Andy!

PS Completelly OT while I have your ear... :D , please please please implement category / sub category password capabilities! I want my clients to be able to access a category/subcategory of galleries without having to enter a password for each gallery contained therein. Sorry... I digress. Is this on the horizon at all?
    You can make all the passwords the same, that's a way to deal with it now...

Thanks thumb.gif