Help-New camera & CF card question.

docbelldocbell Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited December 8, 2006 in Cameras
I just upgraded from a Rebel XT to a 30D, however the images I'm taking are not downloading into RawShooter (even though I can see the pictures on the cameras LCD). This is happening with all 3 cards I own, which have all been formatted in the new 30D. (Unfortunately I initially found the problem when I tried to download a bunch of headshots I had taken for my sisters business for their fliers, webpage... Talk about a 'Ohhhhh noooo, where did the pictures go?' moment).
JPEG's would come through ok.
Because I'm using a new camera, a different one from which the CF cards were initially formatted, do I have to buy all new cards???
Anyone else have similar problems??

Thanx for the help. Kevin.

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2006
    docbell wrote:
    I just upgraded from a Rebel XT to a 30D, however the images I'm taking are not downloading into RawShooter (even though I can see the pictures on the cameras LCD). This is happening with all 3 cards I own, which have all been formatted in the new 30D. (Unfortunately I initially found the problem when I tried to download a bunch of headshots I had taken for my sisters business for their fliers, webpage... Talk about a 'Ohhhhh noooo, where did the pictures go?' moment).
    JPEG's would come through ok.
    Because I'm using a new camera, a different one from which the CF cards were initially formatted, do I have to buy all new cards???
    Anyone else have similar problems??

Thanx for the help. Kevin.
    My first thought is that the RAW file format is different between the XT and the 30D. I could be wrong on this one, but I know it's different between the first Rebel and the 20D/30D. I might suggest you go to the Pixmantec website and download/install the latest and greatest version of the software. JPG would come through just fine because the file format for JPGs has not changed.
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2006
    Yup, bet the Rawshooter is a version that doesn't support the 30D.
    Try opening them with DPP or update to the latest one.
    I know that only the last RSP will open the 30D, I'm sure the latest RSE will as well.
  • docbelldocbell Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2006
    Updating the RS fixed the problem. Thanx for the quick, helpful response.
    Kevin.
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2006
    Remember that EVERY SINGLE DSLR body has a different RAW format. The file extensions may be the same (i.e., all Canons now make CR2 files), but each one is slightly different because of hardware differences (a XTi CR2 is not the same as a 1DsMkII CR2). You need to make sure the converter supports the specific body you are using.

I see the original issue is resolved, which is good--I'm actually a little surprised the 30D is suppored by RS, I thought they got absorbed by Adobe before that change.