Bug with move image to new gallery?

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited December 8, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Or even existing galleries?

After taking FOREVER for an image to copy, I finally got it copied. Then I tried to create a new gallery for it to move to (using the move tool) and POOF! It's gone!

Created another second copy, used move tool again, moved to a different name new gallery. POOF! Gone.

Created a NEW gallery (using New Gallery tool), used move to to move it to that gallery. POOF! Gone.

So I have 3 or 4 copies of this photo floating in space! What's going on? Is there a workaround? (Aside, of course, from downloading and reuploading.)

Thanks!

ETA: 10 minutes later, it finally showed up in the new gallery I created, but it's still hasn't created either of the other galleries. :)

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited December 8, 2006
    Hi Andi,
    You may have just run into a high traffic period. Uploading and processing use the carpool lane, while most other features use the regular lanes. So during peak uploading periods, it may take a bit longer to move, rotate, make 2nd copy, etc.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2006
    Hi Andi,
    You may have just run into a high traffic period. Uploading and processing use the carpool lane, while most other features use the regular lanes. So during peak uploading periods, it may take a bit longer to move, rotate, make 2nd copy, etc.

Steve

Do they have Toll Tags so I can go faster? :D

Thanks for the explanation! I thought I was doing something wrong... mwink.gif

As a side note, those other two images never showed up nor the new galleries! ne_nau.gif
  • olegosolegos Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2006
    This is a genuine bug. Happened to me yesterday, and I sent in a bug report with a link to a gallery, and got it acknowledged, saying that the engineers will look into it.
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2006
    So I have 3 or 4 copies of this photo floating in space! What's going on? Is there a workaround? (Aside, of course, from downloading and reuploading.)

ETA: 10 minutes later, it finally showed up in the new gallery I created, but it's still hasn't created either of the other galleries. :)

Moving photos from one gallery to another has been having similar problems as making a 2nd copy lately, however the moved photos usually show up after a long wait without any user intervention. There was two occurances with my photos where support/engineering at Smugmug had to link my moved photos into the new gallery, but all of the other moved photos have eventually shown up.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2006
    olegos wrote:
    This is a genuine bug. Happened to me yesterday, and I sent in a bug report with a link to a gallery, and got it acknowledged, saying that the engineers will look into it.

BeachBill wrote:
    Moving photos from one gallery to another has been having similar problems as making a 2nd copy lately, however the moved photos usually show up after a long wait without any user intervention. There was two occurrences with my photos where support/engineering at Smugmug had to link my moved photos into the new gallery, but all of the other moved photos have eventually shown up.

Thanks so much. My other two photos never showed up - nor the two new galleries I told 'em to go into. So if anyone sees random photos in their galleries, might be mine! rolleyes1.gif

Hopefully it'll be fixed soon. I've been noticing a lot of anomalies like this lately. Frustrating.