Slideshow Help

DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
edited December 16, 2006 in Finishing School
I don't know if this is the right place for this thread, so feel free to move it if not.

I need to make a looping slideshow that will be running off a laptop and through a projector, to be shown at a luncheon. Can looping slideshows be done with Photoshop Elements Premier? If not will ProShow Gold or another program do it? I have Elements Premier, so that would be my first choice. I can't figure out how to do it, if it is possible. I know I can do it in PowerPoint, but that is extremely timeconsuming.

Comments

• andymillsonandymillson Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2006
    I seem to remember using Photoshop Elements to make slideshows, but it has been a while, and I cant recall how to do it anmore, and I do not have access to the books here at work. If I recall rightly, you can do it (could do it) from the browser, just select the photos and click slideshow. Course that was in PSE 3, things might have changed since

Are you using windows XP?

Check out

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/photomovies.mspx

Tells how to make slideshows using MovieMaker, included with XP

hope this helps, or at least only hinders a little rolleyes1.gif

Andy
    A Brit among the HAWKEYES
    Canon 5D Mk III
    Canon 24-105L IS USM; Canon 16-35 f/2.8L USM; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II
    Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG HSM; Bigma 50-500 f/4-6.3 EX DG HSM
    My Galleries
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2006
    Thanks. I have PS Elements 3 and Elements Premier. I don't believe either will loop the slideshows. I will check out MovieMaker.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2006
    Irfanview will loop the slidshow and it's free.
    www.irfanview.com

Al
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2006
    Check out Photo Story 3 - it is FREE and can create WMV files (among others) that can then be played in a loop (with Real Player among others). The software is very easy to use, can add music or narration tracks, and did I mention, it is free!

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx
    DavidS wrote:
    I don't know if this is the right place for this thread, so feel free to move it if not.

I need to make a looping slideshow that will be running off a laptop and through a projector, to be shown at a luncheon. Can looping slideshows be done with Photoshop Elements Premier? If not will ProShow Gold or another program do it? I have Elements Premier, so that would be my first choice. I can't figure out how to do it, if it is possible. I know I can do it in PowerPoint, but that is extremely timeconsuming.
    edited December 13, 2006
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I tried Photo Story 3 and I really like it. It works very well on my computer at home, but the motion effects were jerky on the laptop I used for the presentation. Would that be because of less memory and a slower processor on the laptop? If so is there a way to get a smooth flowing presentation with Photo Story 3 on less powerful computers?
    edited December 14, 2006
    DavidS wrote:
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I tried Photo Story 3 and I really like it. It works very well on my computer at home, but the motion effects were jerky on the laptop I used for the presentation. Would that be because of less memory and a slower processor on the laptop? If so is there a way to get a smooth flowing presentation with Photo Story 3 on less powerful computers?

As the last step, you have some options as to what resolution and format to save the slideshow. Try lowering the resolutution - that should do it.
    edited December 15, 2006
    I took it from 1024x768 to 800x600 and it did not play any better. There also seemed to be a noticable decrease in the quality of the images. I tried ProShow Gold's sample and it seems to play well on slower computers without a lot of ram. I'm leaning towards purchasing it.
    edited December 16, 2006
    DavidS wrote:
    I took it from 1024x768 to 800x600 and it did not play any better. There also seemed to be a noticable decrease in the quality of the images. I tried ProShow Gold's sample and it seems to play well on slower computers without a lot of ram. I'm leaning towards purchasing it.

That is what I did to get a good presentation on a laptop for a swim team banquet (1024x768 >>> 800x600). I guess you have a choice of buying RAM or buying ProShow. I saw good reviews of ProShow when I was investigating software.
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2006
    Jester
    You can do it if you have PS Elements 3.

At the top it has View & Organize. Click That. Place the photos you want on the slide show here. Then select all of them from the edit pull down. At the top click on "Create". The new window ask you if you want Custom or Simple. Click Simple. It is create a slide show for you. At the bottow of the window is a block you need to check if you want it to loop after the last page.

Hope this helps.

Dave J.
    edited December 16, 2006
    Thanks for the help everyone. You're great. I was talking to someone at my camera club this morning that said they have seen ProShow Gold struggle on some computers. I am suppossed to make copies of the slideshow for a group of volunteers that helped with the event I photographed. Although the slideshow played well on my computer, many of them will have computers with less ram and slower processors. I believe I will make them each two slideshows, one with Photo Story 3 or ProShow Gold and another as a simple PDF with Lightroom or Elements 3. If the first one doe not play well the PDF should.

I have another problem, but I will start a new thread on it. Thanks again everyone.