Options

DGrin by email

NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
edited January 3, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
For those of us often on the road suffering from DGrin separation anxiety, wouldn't it be cool if we could DGrin completely by email?

I often don't have access to www (expensive!) but can do email with a pocket PC and mobile connection - I'd love complete DGrin capabilities including viewing photos posted as thumbnails, looking up new threads, searching posts, posting replies and creating new threads including photo attachments.

Anyone else?

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts

Comments

• Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    Nir wrote:
    For those of us often on the road suffering from DGrin separation anxiety, wouldn't it be cool if we could DGrin completely by email?

I often don't have access to www (expensive!) but can do email with a pocket PC and mobile connection - I'd love complete DGrin capabilities including viewing photos posted as thumbnails, looking up new threads, searching posts, posting replies and creating new threads including photo attachments.

Anyone else?

I think an RSS news feed would be perfect. This is how I read the news every day, and should work fine on pocket PC.

Dave
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    i do
    i often check in with my treo .... i posted that back in august.....

:D
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    Dave, not sure what an RSS news feed is.

Andy, it's great you can check forums with your Treo but is it via email or do you need to load html pages with graphics, images, frames, java, whatever and pay lots of $$ to do it?
    I think DGrin is already connected to a SMTP server - they send us email updates when there are replies to subscribed forums. If they could add thumbnails of attached images that would be cool! If I could send something like "get new threads" and get an email reply with headers of all the new threads. Then I could send something like "get Andy: new thread" and get an email reply with the full body of the new thread you posted (including image thumbnails).
    Or if I could post new threads and replies to forums via email that would be really nice.
    Something like a full email extension to the forums optimized for mobile transfer ... or is this something that would require a huge investment in equipment and applications?

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts