Options

#79 WAITING challenge - chefs

chefjancrischefjancris Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
edited December 11, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
this will be my first post comments and suggestions are wel218654644_4f7ec75192_o.jpgcome

Comments

• Options
    kjskjs Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2006
    Great shot! I don't know what they are waiting for, but they certainly look like they're waiting for something! :)

Kim
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2006
    Hahaha, i love it. It looks like there is a bit of a yellow cast or something, but it sure says 'waiting' to me.
  • Options
    QuitaritaQuitarita Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2006
    For sure it says 'waiting'.

If you could reshoot - I would have liked to have seen the name of the restaurant or cooking school or competition name to give it more context. A vertical shot maybe would have showed this? Also, I'm not sure who I should be focusing on.
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2006
    The picture definitely says "waiting" to me. I rather like the yellow cast. It gives it an antiqued look. Did you take it at night? I also like the composition very much, although I would have preferred seeing less at the top of the photo and more at the bottom. All in all, a very nice capture! clap.gif

Oh, and welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your pix! Especially if they are about cooking and food. mwink.gif

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2006
    I love this shot....most definitely says waiting!! Looks like they are waiting for an important delivery??? Maybe the watercress hasn't show up! Anyway...I'm not real keen on the very yellow cast and I would definitely crop some of the top of the image out. Welcome and great post! thumb.gif
  • Options
    Sandy FeetSandy Feet Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited December 10, 2006
    I like this shot, too. Nice feeling. I like the coloring as well.
    I also agree that it should be cropped a bit from the top, maybe just past the exterior porch light ( be mindful of just how much wih the no PS rule) Check to see that it's level, too. If anyone has to be the subject, I'd say the petite dark-haired girl with her arms folded, looking away. However, I think it plays well with no subject. Each "waiting" chef has their "own" story to tell by their posturing. I hope to see it in the contest.
    The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time.
    :thumb

http://imagesinsurfphotography.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2006
    I like this too. It needs leveling, and a bit of crop at the top but I think I'd crop to just above the light. The light draws attention to the one person not in a chef's uniform, which adds to the image for me.
  • Options
    nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2006
    I like the picture, but for sure needs some color corrections and sharpening and maybe a bit of cropping to tighten it up a bit. Great shot!
  • Options
    BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2006
    Yes, the white balance does seem a touch off...

But I really do like this photo!

Ben