Options

Bibble to SmugMug?

limbiklimbik Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
Any of you Bibble users out there savy enough to write a "send to smugmug" plugin for it?

From Bibble Labs:

"The plug-in interface in a tool that allows third party developers to add functionality to Bibble by developing tools that can be used inside Bibble. If you are interested in developing a plugin, email us with "plugin SDK" in the subject line."

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 9, 2006
    limbik wrote:
    Any of you Bibble users out there savy enough to write a "send to smugmug" plugin for it?

From Bibble Labs:

"The plug-in interface in a tool that allows third party developers to add functionality to Bibble by developing tools that can be used inside Bibble. If you are interested in developing a plugin, email us with "plugin SDK" in the subject line."

Hi Limbik,

I really don't know anything about Bibble or what language their plugins are written in.

I have sent off an email....i will wait and see.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    limbiklimbik Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2006
    devbobo wrote:
    Hi Limbik,

I really don't know anything about Bibble or what language their plugins are written in.

I have sent off an email....i will wait and see.

Cheers,

David
    Sounds like a good start. I'm not sure either, I just know that out of all the raw workflow programs out there it works great every time I have tried it and seems to have a responsive group of devs behind it.

Its batch functions seem fairly straight forward, for example there is a que where you drop stuff to be batched and it does whatever you have it defined to do for each que/batch you create. If sending to smugmug could somehow be integrated as a batch option, that would be amazing.
  • Options
    StustaffStustaff Registered Users Posts: 680 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2007
    limbik wrote:
    Sounds like a good start. I'm not sure either, I just know that out of all the raw workflow programs out there it works great every time I have tried it and seems to have a responsive group of devs behind it.

Its batch functions seem fairly straight forward, for example there is a que where you drop stuff to be batched and it does whatever you have it defined to do for each que/batch you create. If sending to smugmug could somehow be integrated as a batch option, that would be amazing.

Bump! having just got bibble and found out how great it is a plug in would be wonderful!
    'Should' be faily simple too as they make everything available for plugins.
    Trapped in my bedroom taking pictures...did i say bedroom? i meant studio!

My www. place is www.belperphoto.co.uk
    My smugmug galleries at http://stuarthill.smugmug.com
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2007
    Limbik,
    limbik wrote:

From Bibble Labs:

Just like David, I don't much about Bibble, but we'll see how it is. I send the email, let's see if it's possible to conjure up an Star*Explroer add-on for Bibble:-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2007
    FLickr
    Nikolai wrote:
    Just like David, I don't much about Bibble, but we'll see how it is. I send the email, let's see if it's possible to conjure up an Star*Explroer add-on for Bibble:-)

I also decided to bite the bullet and see if I can add Flickr API to this.
    Sometnign like Star*Explrer add-on :-) rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2007
    You sir.. are fantastic.

Let me know if you need help testing.

Oh also I know Shay is a bibble user and was looking for smug plug in, think he mentioned it on the bibble forums.

• Options
    edited February 20, 2007
    Stusatff,
    Stustaff wrote:
    You sir.. are fantastic.

Let me know if you need help testing.

Oh also I know Shay is a bibble user and was looking for smug plug in, think he mentioned it on the bibble forums.

Thanks, but hold your horses, I didn't get anyhting back from them yet. :D

And since Shay's on Linux, I kinda doubt he'll be able to benefit from any of S*E development, since S*E is Windows-only tool... ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    Thanks, but hold your horses, I didn't get anyhting back from them yet. :D

And since Shay's on Linux, I kinda doubt he'll be able to benefit from any of S*E development, since S*E is Windows-only tool... ne_nau.gif

Cant you get started anyway rolleyes1.gif

Oh yes thats right he is... oops

• Options
    edited April 19, 2007
    Did a bibble plug in ever get anywhere?

• Options
    claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    I haven't seen any mention at all either here or at Bibble's forum, so I doubt it.

If you happen to also use IMatch, there ARE some nice scripts to integrate with your Smugmug acount (uploads, create category trees off what's been uploaded..).