Pocket Wizards Rock!

Murphy66Murphy66 Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
edited December 9, 2006 in People
I got an early Christmas gift from my wife, a set of Pocket Wizards. For those who aren't familiar with Pocket Wizards, they are radio controlled triggers so you can set up your flash and wirelessly trigger it from up to 1600 feet away.

This is one my first shots and yes, I know the light is a little hot and I have some hot spots but I'm excited about using an old 540EZ flash and an umbrella on a stand as side light, background light, whatever and shot my subject in ambient light (or a camera mounted flash). It's also highly portable.

If you're interested, check out http://strobist.blogspot.com/ for more information. This guy is a photojournalist for the Baltimore Sun and shoots some remarkable stuff only using off camera flashes (strobes).

Please notice that by directing the light from the side, the ambient lights behind her still show. It almost appears that she's sitting by a window. OK, that's pushing it but you get my drift...
www.MarcottePhotography.com is my portfolio and www.StudioMarcotte.com is my blog.

Comments

• kingmamaof2kingmamaof2 Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2006
    Wow! Congrats on your early Christmas gift! I've never heard of a pocket wizard but it really sounds handy. Good shot, It really does look like she is sitting by a window. Yay for presents!:D
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2006
    What a nice wife you have!!!! You're right, it does have a very natural window light look about. Congratulations! I am just beginning to play with my flash and realize it is not the enemy I once thought it was! Still have so much to learn, but I'm sold as long as I can maintain that natural look. :D