Aero-nut Challege #29

aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
edited January 10, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ever want to do this?

13581511-M.jpg

Ok, I suspect this probably wont be my submission, but it sure was fun taking the photo. :noob

This is a tough challenge. I'm still trying to find the right subject. grrr

Comments

• SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    Yep, has felt that way many times.
  • TheSenatorTheSenator Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    You should have a slower shutter and add some movement to the hammer. That'll strike a nerve with just about everyone.
    Gallery: TheSenator
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    TheSenator wrote:
    You should have a slower shutter and add some movement to the hammer. That'll strike a nerve with just about everyone.
    Yeah, that would be a hammer-picture and I would like to see how it turns out.rolleyes1.gif
    Never the less great idea, I'll try to remember it and show you my results when the time comes. :D

Having second thoughts...I think there's no need for movement, that would possibly disturb the great composition. I would stick with this one..your laptop will thank you and never make anymore mistakes (user errors excluded in this warranty). deal.gif

Bye,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
    Maybe boot the computer and take the shot just when the windows logo pops up. Add a little reason to the beatin!:D

Tim
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2005
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    Thanks. Good suggestions. Maybe if I can somehow get the infamous "blue screen of death" to appear....oh wait...it's not that hard....

:grim
    :dgrin
    edited January 3, 2005
    A little photoshop'ing can make it so much more satisfying. :D
    13624421-M.jpg
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2005
    Aero,

I think you have a great concept for the challenge. With a little work you're going to have something really, really good. If you decide to run with this concept, I have some suggestions:
    1. Try a reshoot with a plain background (a big piece of construction paper or the like)
    2. When reshooting try to get the hand, hammer and laptop in focus. Might be tough to do, but I think it would be worth the effort.
    3. Make sure there that the laptop doesn't get cut off at the bottom of the frame.
    4. Pull the sticker that's 3/4 off all the way off :D
    edited January 3, 2005
    cletus wrote:
    Aero,

I think you have a great concept for the challenge. With a little work you're going to have something really, really good. If you decide to run with this concept, I have some suggestions:
    1. Try a reshoot with a plain background (a big piece of construction paper or the like)
    2. When reshooting try to get the hand, hammer and laptop in focus. Might be tough to do, but I think it would be worth the effort.
    3. Make sure there that the laptop doesn't get cut off at the bottom of the frame.
    4. Pull the sticker that's 3/4 off all the way off :D
    Ok, I'll give it another go. Thanks for your comments. I wasn't thinking it was good enough to submit, but I guess there's no harm in trying. And yeah, that sticker has been threatening to come off for a while now. I guess it is time for it to go. :D
  • landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 6, 2005
    I really like this idea. I can't wait to see your next go at it.
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2005
    hows it going? looking forward to seeing this shot as well. Good advice from Cletus, this could turn out really really well :D
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2005
    How's it going?
    I'm a little late here. But, I looked through the whole thread and was left hanging. You really seem to be on a roll here. The idea is great. The execution is comming along, I think. Looking for your entry. I think it will be terrific if you follow Cletus' directions. thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
    edited January 7, 2005
    Sorry to leave you all hanging. :D
    Don't you hate it when things like work and bad weather put a damper on your hobbies? Grrrr eek7.gif

You all have some excelent suggestions.. Thank you so much.. I plan on going nuts with trying them out this weekend. Stay tuned....
    edited January 8, 2005
    Ok, I finally got a chance to do some experimenting with this shot. This is my first attempt at a "studio" type setup for a shot. It took several tries, but I ended up with two shots that I was reasonably happy with. It was challenging trying to get both items in focus, but after some aperture tweaking and flash adjustments, I was starting to feel like I was close.

13912627-L.jpg

13912613-L.jpg

If you have any comments/pointers.....please post them. I'm really enjoying trying some new things here, but not sure if I'm on the right track.

Thanks.
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:
    13912613-S.jpg
    This is the one clap.gifclap.gif
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2005
    Yes, I agree. I see that you submitted it, and I think you made the right choice.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited January 8, 2005
    Or is it better to have the "Windows XP" Logo up? :D

13914586-L.jpg
    edited January 8, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:
    Or is it better to have the "Windows XP" Logo up? :D

13914586-S.jpg

The Xp is a good idea, but you've changed the exposure, doesn't look as good.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    edited January 8, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    The Xp is a good idea, but you've changed the exposure, doesn't look as good.
    I agree with you. I think high-intensity blue LEDs on the laptop threw off my white balance too. I shot this one in RAW and just couldn't seem to get the right compensation. Oh well.
    edited January 8, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:
    I think high-intensity blue LEDs on the laptop threw off my white balance too. I shot this one in RAW and just couldn't seem to get the right compensation. Oh well.

nod.gif The blue is too much. Can't you just Photoshop the XP logo onto the screen of the shot you've submitted?
    Sid.
  • patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2005
    aero-nut wrote:
    13912613-L.jpg

The Aftermath. naughty.gif

4911211-M.jpg
    edited January 10, 2005
    patch29 wrote:
    The Aftermath. naughty.gif
    :roll

That's awsome! I hope whatever that laptop did was bad enough to justify its gory death. It must have been satisfying.
    edited January 10, 2005
    You killed it dead. lol3.gif
    Sid.
  • patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    You killed it dead. lol3.gif

It was not mine. I only took the photo the night after a rally took an interesting turn and a young lady did this damage. I think it did not work, at least I hope so. I was not there when it happened. I always wondered what one looked like inside. rolleyes1.gif