Too early for cheesy Christmas shots?

JCDossJCDoss Registered Users Posts: 189 Major grins
edited December 13, 2006 in Holy Macro
I took delivery of a new Nikon D200 this week, and this is one of my first offerings. D200 and Sigma 30/1.4...

post-3-1165694463.jpg

Shooting data: 30mm, 1/25 sec, f/2.8, ISO 1000, NEF

This stuff I read about high ISO noise in this camera is turning out to be not as big a deal as I was lead to believe.

Comments/criticisms/rotten tomatoes accepted. :)

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2006
    JCDoss wrote:
    I took delivery of a new Nikon D200 this week, and this is one of my first offerings. D200 and Sigma 30/1.4...
    Shooting data: 30mm, 1/25 sec, f/2.8, ISO 1000, NEF
    This stuff I read about high ISO noise in this camera is turning out to be not as big a deal as I was lead to believe.

Comments/criticisms/rotten tomatoes accepted. :)

I see you in the reflection of the Christmas Decoration :D
    People often go overboard on "so called problems", there's lemons in everything nothings perfect, just gotta learn ways around some things thumb.gif

I'm sure your very pleased with your results so far, that is a very pretty picture, not an easy shot with those little bright lights everywhere...looks good to me ........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • mgd_harveymgd_harvey Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited December 12, 2006
    Good shot of a difficult subject. It must be really difficult to have sufficient exposure on the tree and decorations while holding as much detail as possible in the lights.

Looks like you're getting to grips witht he new camera quite well thumb.gif
    Mark
    --
    So much has changed in our photo-world, and yet basically nothing's changed - It's still the pictures that really matter. David Noton
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2006
    beautiful photo i liked it
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery